9th Gen Civic Forum banner

15921 - 15940 of 15972 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
13,401 Posts
I've been running the AFe pro dry filter for a while now and no issues. Just took it out last month cleaned it up looks like new again and reinstalled. Mine fits fine on the stock box pretty snug. Maybe the newer ones AFe changed the way they are made or changed manufacturers so fitment is slightly off?

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
690 Posts
Well I tried my hand at using a DA on my car and can say without a doubt, I suck. I do believe I chose the wrong product to use so I'm not blaming it. It took out maybe some of the, I guess spider/swirl marks but shit is still there. I suppose I learned that is considered severe damage and not moderate like I originally though. Paint is smooth as glass though, least to point where I stopped. Got to the passenger side rear where I noticed most of the marks and see it wasn't doing much of anything.

Used Griots G9 DA, their 6.5" orange pads (which I think is too big) and BOSS correcting cream, which if for moderate damage. I may go to Autozone go get some of Griot's compound and polish bottles (separate bottles, not all in 1., or just say **** it and use the 3 in 1 liquid wax that came with the DA. I dunno.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,401 Posts
Well I tried my hand at using a DA on my car and can say without a doubt, I suck. I do believe I chose the wrong product to use so I'm not blaming it. It took out maybe some of the, I guess spider/swirl marks but shit is still there. I suppose I learned that is considered severe damage and not moderate like I originally though. Paint is smooth as glass though, least to point where I stopped. Got to the passenger side rear where I noticed most of the marks and see it wasn't doing much of anything.

Used Griots G9 DA, their 6.5" orange pads (which I think is too big) and BOSS correcting cream, which if for moderate damage. I may go to Autozone go get some of Griot's compound and polish bottles (separate bottles, not all in 1., or just say **** it and use the 3 in 1 liquid wax that came with the DA. I dunno.
Yeah it's not easy like you see the pros on TV do it. It takes alot of practice to get good.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yeah it's not easy like you see the pros on TV do it. It takes alot of practice to get good.
Yeah. I really think it comes down to technique, which I don't have. I'm probably gonna go down to AZ and pick up some more orange pads and just finish up with the correcting cream, follow up with perfecting cream, finishing sealant and some ultimate paste wax I want to use up.Which would mean I probably need another waxing pad or two.

·
Registered
2013 Civic si Dyno Blue Pearl (wish it was Fiji)
25 Posts
Some weather guards (My door trim is chippin on top so I have to) and a rep mugen steering wheel badge :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
I know I'm gonna ragged on but I finally finished with compounding the car. It helps to use the right kind of liquid. Had to take it back out of the garage from all the dust it left (due to my turrible skill) from the correcting cream and wash it off. Now debating on using the complete polish then the finishing sealant (which is like an all in one apparently), or just use the finishing sealant and waxing it then using that ceramic spray thing.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,401 Posts
I know I'm gonna ragged on but I finally finished with compounding the car. It helps to use the right kind of liquid. Had to take it back out of the garage from all the dust it left (due to my turrible skill) from the correcting cream and wash it off. Now debating on using the complete polish then the finishing sealant (which is like an all in one apparently), or just use the finishing sealant and waxing it then using that ceramic spray thing.
If you want to hone your skills do polish and sealant. If you decide to try the ceramic spray coating than apply the ceramic spray coating no need for a sealant after that as the ceramic spray coating is your sealant. Apply the wax after the ceramic spray coating not before.

·
Registered
690 Posts
If you want to hone your skills do polish and sealant. If you decide to try the ceramic spray coating than apply the ceramic spray coating no need for a sealant after that as the ceramic spray coating is your sealant. Apply the wax after the ceramic spray coating not before.
I thought the ceramic went over the wax. That would have been funny to do. I'll do the polish and try the coating.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,401 Posts
I thought the ceramic went over the wax. That would have been funny to do. I'll do the polish and try the coating.
It should be polish, spray coating than finish it off with the wax.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whoever used their car for something far less than it's designed purpose? I used mine as a tug to pull a broken down airplane off a runway back to our maintenance hangar.. One of the proudest moments with my civic.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Whoever used their car for something far less than it's designed purpose? I used mine as a tug to pull a broken down airplane off a runway back to our maintenance hangar.. One of the proudest moments with my civic. View attachment 492009
Those couple of times i sold 500-600lbs of metal <3 im not sure what happend to the picture but i had my trunk loaded with like 15 rotors, ball joints, hub assemblys and just random scrap.i also had my seats down with more stuff inside. It dropped my car about 2 inches. My mom was mad at me, scolding me saying that i was going to mess up the transmission 😆

·
Registered
74 Posts
One more post
Heres what i did today.
20200705_212747.jpg
Not sure if you can see the sloth but my friend bought it for me @ Buckees. It reads Dont hurry Be happy. I figured id hang it some where someone would see it hahah

What y'all think though?
It looks very weird but il get used to it :p

15921 - 15940 of 15972 Posts