9th Gen Civic Forum banner

16001 - 16020 of 16065 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thoughts on this? Picture is photoshopped. Im thinking about wrapping my coupe front end in black since the paint is starting to peel and flake (bad rattle can paint job)

·
I Need A Vacation
13,456 Posts
Thoughts on this? Picture is photoshopped. Im thinking about wrapping my coupe front end in black since the paint is starting to peel and flake (bad rattle can paint job)

Would look fine to me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you lay vinyl over paint that's in poor shape it will amplify the blemishes and imperfections for sure. If you end up going through with it, I would sand and prep first. Otherwise it may end up looking worse than it did initially. Not to mention it may not adhere properly if the paint under it is chipping.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
725 Posts
Washed it yesterday and dried it without using a leaf blower for the first time in ages. Used some TW Ceramic wet wax as a drying aid and a couple of Rag Company Double Twistress, shit worked wonders! Today I put some Griot's "long lasting" tire shine. There's probably a reason I didn't use it after the first time years ago but don't remember, so I'm going to find out again. Probably gonna wash it again next week but use the TW ceramic soap, which means I need to go buy another damn bucket.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My wheels just came and test fitting them. I can't believe how light they are and fitment looks good too. Not sure if I have enough clearance for my tires though when I put on 235/40s since they look awful close to my coils (The coils aren't loaded in the pic).
Also installing these fumoto valve and will be getting some center caps in the future.
Thanks for the help kev! Much appreciated!

·
I Need A Vacation
13,456 Posts
My wheels just came and test fitting them. I can't believe how light they are and fitment looks good too. Not sure if I have enough clearance for my tires though when I put on 235/40s since they look awful close to my coils (The coils aren't loaded in the pic).
Also installing these fumoto valve and will be getting some center caps in the future.

View attachment 492230

View attachment 492232

View attachment 492231
Gold looks so good.:love:

·
Registered
133 Posts

View attachment 492230

View attachment 492232

View attachment 492231
Width and offset?

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
TODAY... hopefully, my car will get a thorough wash. I honestly can't remember the last time I washed the car.

·
Registered
422 Posts
TODAY... hopefully, my car will get a thorough wash. I honestly can't remember the last time I washed the car.
Get on it sir! Make sure you take some pics after you wash the car.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Will do! I think the orange color holds well dirty. If this was a white or black car, i'd be in the car wash every week.
yea, i noticed. Yea man, I have to wash mine every week or don't drive it much during the week.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Will do! I think the orange color holds well dirty. If this was a white or black car, i'd be in the car wash every week.
Red doesn't. Or it does and I just don't like it dirty after spending all that time paint correcting and ceramic sealing.

Going to toss that Griot's "Long Lasting" tire shine. Shits already coming off after driving on wet pavement. Explains why I stopped using it and went with whatever that purple one I have is called. Smells like grape kool-aid. Wonderful smell.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Red doesn't. Or it does and I just don't like it dirty after spending all that time paint correcting and ceramic sealing.

Going to toss that Griot's "Long Lasting" tire shine. Shits already coming off after driving on wet pavement. Explains why I stopped using it and went with whatever that purple one I have is called. Smells like grape kool-aid. Wonderful smell.
it’s funny I use the same purple stuff. Love it. I bought a bottle over a decade ago and still using it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
it’s funny I use the same purple stuff. Love it. I bought a bottle over a decade ago and still using it.
I'm pretty sure it's a bottle I bought when I was working at either Auto Zone or Advance. That's years ago for either one lol.

16001 - 16020 of 16065 Posts