·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
746 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Wait. How the hell did you do that?
You go into diagnostics on your radio, and plug in an iphone/android to HDMI and just tell the radio to ignore the VSP/VPS warning(basically I can drive and have my display on HDMI)

I'm gonna do a short clip on it, everyone is going nuts over it. LOL

EDIT:

I thought this was common knowledge.

·
Registered
428 Posts
You go into diagnostics on your radio, and plug in an iphone/android to HDMI and just tell the radio to ignore the VSP/VPS warning(basically I can drive and have my display on HDMI)

EDIT:

I found it on YouTube a while ago, but can’t find the specific vid again. All the others are slightly diff, or don’t show everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
746 Posts

EDIT:

I went to into diagnostics once a few years ago out of bordem one morning sitting outside of work, didn't mess with anything.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Put this together pretty quick. Sloppy but it’s a decent how to.

Well, seems I need a HDMI to whatever usb that cheap phone I use has.

·
Registered
746 Posts
that would be correct sir
Not gonna work for me since there isn't one made that uses mini USB. Could just try a hdmi to usb c, should work.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Washed and applied two coats of Turtle Wax Ceramic spray coating should hold me till just before winter when I'll do a full detail.
Thought that stuff was suppose last a year at most. Didn't you put that on back in June/July? I used the TW ceramic wash and wax and its.....odd. It doesn't foam up like regular soap does and felt like I was washing with water. The bucket water got dirty, so I guess it did something but I don't like it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I used the turtle wax ceramic stuff a couple months ago. It's still beading water fine, but dust sticks. I will not use it on rims in the future. I'll reapply for the winter, I'm guessing in a perfect condition (garage kept, low mileage) it will last a year.
I got the pump, tank, controller, and about 1/2 the wiring done on methanol kit. Can't find prints on throttle pedal wiring, so going to have to figure it out the hard way. Hopefully I can cut throttle input if meth controller faults.

Attachments

·
I Need A Vacation
13,506 Posts
Thought that stuff was suppose last a year at most. Didn't you put that on back in June/July? I used the TW ceramic wash and wax and its.....odd. It doesn't foam up like regular soap does and felt like I was washing with water. The bucket water got dirty, so I guess it did something but I don't like it.
I'm not so sure one year 6 months possibly OCD like me every 3 months.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
now i see you radio hack video! as i'm getting ready to give it my daugher. anyways, finally changed out the front brakes yesterday. still running the OEM pads with 135K miles on the car. dealer said i was below specs and need to get them replaced ASAP. and since i am giving this to daughter to use while in college up in RI, i thought i would go thru the entire thing and get things done what i can. anyways, i still had 1/3 of material left. not even close to the indicators for replacement. i almost want to go back to dealer and ask them...are these ready for replacement, immediate replacement as you stated last time i was here?

i already had the pads, so i swapped them yesterday. now i know she should be good to do for the next couple of years.

now, if i can get Honda to cover the paint on the hood....should be good to go!

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'm not so sure one year 6 months possibly OCD like me every 3 months.
I would expect at least 6-7 months out of it, especially with bi-weekly washes with TW Ceramic or any Si02 base soaps.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,506 Posts
I would expect at least 6-7 months out of it, especially with bi-weekly washes with TW Ceramic or any Si02 base soaps.
Depends on how exposed the car is to the elements if it doesn't see too much abuse I think 6 months is possible but if the car has to deal with a harsh winter than I don't know about 6 months. Regardless though this stuff is so easy to apply takes just 15 minutes so just do it every 3 months for peace of mind.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Yesterday I got rid of the catted DP and replaced with the a catless DP.

I posted pics on the build thread.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Depends on how exposed the car is to the elements if it doesn't see too much abuse I think 6 months is possible but if the car has to deal with a harsh winter than I don't know about 6 months. Regardless though this stuff is so easy to apply takes just 15 minutes so just do it every 3 months for peace of mind.
Watch this video and tell me what you think. Could watch the whole thing or just skip to the 5 minute mark where he sprays a spot with some kind of chemical mix and how long the ceramic coating stays on there.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yesterday I got rid of the catted DP and replaced with the a catless DP.

I posted pics on the build thread.
Bet that's gonna be smelly on first start up.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,506 Posts
Watch this video and tell me what you think. Could watch the whole thing or just skip to the 5 minute mark where he sprays a spot with some kind of chemical mix and how long the ceramic coating stays on there.
Very impressive how durable Ceramic spray coating is. He hit that spot at least 7-8 times with a heavy duty cleaner before the coating started to break down.

16041 - 16060 of 16138 Posts