9th Gen Civic Forum banner

16181 - 16200 of 16205 Posts

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
352 Posts
tightened up my downpipe hardware, the 4 on the head. they keep backing off every few months. 🤔
you people using loctite, arp, or am i just weak af?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
i drive the car on ramps, crawl underneath and tighten them down.
the car started to get hella raspy, those 4 bolts were the culprits....
tightened up my downpipe hardware, the 4 on the head. they keep backing off every few months.
Odd, never had a problem with mine. Add lock washers maybe?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
352 Posts
lock washers i never thought of that. i saw somewhere arp has a kit. guys at work say blue locktite. i dunno, takes all of 15 mins to get them tight again.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
786 Posts
tightened up my downpipe hardware, the 4 on the head. they keep backing off every few months. 🤔
You're weak!!!! Pretty sure I just used anti seize but I'd have to look at it. Haven't touched it since installing it last year.

Reactions: AndyMac204

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I am getting ready to install this generic catch can I ordered on SCAmazon. Hopes are not too high, but how bad could it be?

http://instagr.am/p/CHoKkrZHWOH/

picture of actual can

View attachment 492835
Where do you guys plan to install these? Between the intake and valve cover? Will be interesting to see how much oil is collected and how often it needs to be emptied.

@Reeses_Cars should help keep some oil off the rotor screws!

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
This was sooooo worth it! My wife kept complaining I smelled like oil and gas when I got in the house. I now have a happy marriage again.

Where do you guys plan to install these? Between the intake and valve cover? Will be interesting to see how much oil is collected and how often it needs to be emptied.

@Reeses_Cars should help keep some oil off the rotor screws!

I installed it on one of the front braces, near the braille battery. Without that batter it would be tough to fit it in there. I'll post a picture later.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
285 Posts
I installed it on one of the front braces, near the braille battery. Without that batter it would be tough to fit it in there. I'll post a picture later.
Between the PVC and the SC inlet. Hadn't got around to figuring out where to mount the can though, so I'd like to see what @Reeses_Cars does.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Between the PVC and the SC inlet. Hadn't got around to figuring out where to mount the can though, so I'd like to see what @Reeses_Cars does.
Anything after the throttle body would be a vacuum source, right? Is that can rated for vacuum/boost?
That's why I was thinking of using the valve cover breaker.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
285 Posts
Anything after the throttle body would be a vacuum source, right? Is that can rated for vacuum/boost?
That's why I was thinking of using the valve cover breaker.
To be honest, I don't know. That's one of the main reasons I haven't installed yet. I've read thread after thread and haven't really determined one way or the other.

These are the threads I'm referencing.

I was going to go with a breather element on the valve cover, but after reading through those I decided just to put the stock vacuum hose back on as that's how the kit said to install in the instructions, so I figured that would be the best bet until I decided one way or the other.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Here’s a couple pictures. I am venting the “Out” port to the ground. Basically I don’t want to send that stuff back through the blower of the aftercooler

·
Registered
197 Posts
Basic maintenance today. Engine oil and filter change, engine air filter change, and cabin air filter change. For good measure, I also installed hydraulic hood struts on my wife’s Mazda CX-5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Here’s a couple pictures. I am venting the “Out” port to the ground. Basically I don’t want to send that stuff back through the blower of the aftercooler

View attachment 492845

View attachment 492846
So isn't this just like putting a breather filter on the valve cover? Without any vacuum assist off the intake, nothing is really pulling gases out of the crankcase. I guess the can still does a better job of separating the oil from the air.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Basic maintenance today. Engine oil and filter change, engine air filter change, and cabin air filter change. For good measure, I also installed hydraulic hood struts on my wife’s Mazda CX-5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's called TLC. has anyone been able to do the hydro hood struts for our cars yet? I really miss this mod

So isn't this just like putting a breather filter on the valve cover? Without any vacuum assist off the intake, nothing is really pulling gases out of the crankcase. I guess the can still does a better job of separating the oil from the air.

It's very much like it except the smell from a breather is gone. It's especially obvious now that the car is running more on the rich side.

I also don't want to run the risk of pulling any of that stuff back into the intake under high boost. I know I can put it before the TB, but that supercharger pulls in an massive amount of air through.

and I still don't know if this can is rated for boost.

I'll inspect if after a few drives, and change it if I have to. I can always tap the intake tube later down the line if needed.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
285 Posts
It's very much like it except the smell from a breather is gone. It's especially obvious now that the car is running more on the rich side.

I also don't want to run the risk of pulling any of that stuff back into the intake under high boost. I know I can put it before the TB, but that supercharger pulls in an massive amount of air through.

and I still don't know if this can is rated for boost.

I'll inspect if after a few drives, and change it if I have to. I can always tap the intake tube later down the line if needed.
That's where I'm stuck. I can't decide if I should actually run the can back to the SC inlet or just cap it off. I guess since I already have it running to the inlet per the install instructions sticking a can inline can't really hurt much.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
786 Posts
Finally, caved in and bought UR lightweight crank and idle pulleys. The crank will be here over the weekend and I guess the idler will be in sometime next week.

Reactions: AndyMac204
16181 - 16200 of 16205 Posts