9th Gen Civic Forum banner
16361 - 16380 of 16396 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
"Got into a fender bender, but that's life!" No, no it isn't lol.

Put together the Honda OEM balljoints and Aerogenics spacer to see what it's supposed to look like. Planning to put them sometime next month.
Haha. I’m going to an autoX event this weekend. I wanted to try the car before and after the upgrade.

autoX is very taxing on suspension and steering. I was hoping to get a better feel for the difference with this method.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Haha. I’m going to an autoX event this weekend. I wanted to try the car before and after the upgrade.

autoX is very taxing on suspension and steering. I was hoping to get a better feel for the difference with this method.
At least it wasn’t raining like it was in Devens

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I put on my new MSW Type 85 16 inch silver Alloy Wheels today and General Altimax 205/55R-16 H or V speed rated SL RT 43 All season tires from Tire Rack. With the help of my friend Gary who does wheel switch outs twice a year
New wheels and tires - 6-1-2021.jpg
New wheel tire 6-1-2021.jpg . Put a wheel lock on each wheel too for security. Photo of the car with new wheels, sorry it's not so clean but you can see how the wheels look, pretty sweet I think!

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
At least it wasn’t raining like it was in Devens

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.
that sucks. I once did an autoX event in the pouring rain down at Thomson. I was miserable.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
922 Posts
I put on my new MSW Type 85 16 inch silver Alloy Wheels today and General Altimax 205/55R-16 H or V speed rated SL RT 43 All season tires from Tire Rack. With the help of my friend Gary who does wheel switch outs twice a year View attachment 493932 View attachment 493933 . Put a wheel lock on each wheel too for security. Photo of the car with new wheels, sorry it's not so clean but you can see how the wheels look, pretty sweet I think!
I don't understand, while I'm looking at this, it screams Ford Focus at me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Like this? I guess the 2015 Civic and 4th gen focus look similar, the wheels aren't all that similar though. My Civic looks like a Civic to me, but I'm not so familiar with Ford Focus.
Or maybe this is what makes you scream Ford Focus when you see a basic 2015 Honda Civic LX, the 2012 Focus in blue? I like my car but it isn't special compared to most of the people's cars on this forum that are labor of love customized SI models.

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Like this? I guess the 2015 Civic and 4th gen focus look similar, the wheels aren't all that similar though. My Civic looks like a Civic to me, but I'm not so familiar with Ford Focus.
Or maybe this is what makes you scream Ford Focus when you see a basic 2015 Honda Civic LX, the 2012 Focus in blue? I like my car but it isn't special compared to most of the people's cars on this forum that are labor of love customized SI models.
It's something about the wheels, but none of the gens I looked at have that style wheel. It's just so weird lol.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,984 Posts
I put on my new MSW Type 85 16 inch silver Alloy Wheels today and General Altimax 205/55R-16 H or V speed rated SL RT 43 All season tires from Tire Rack. With the help of my friend Gary who does wheel switch outs twice a year View attachment 493932 View attachment 493933 . Put a wheel lock on each wheel too for security. Photo of the car with new wheels, sorry it's not so clean but you can see how the wheels look, pretty sweet I think!
Always exciting when getting new wheels. There is no better way to personalize your car than with new wheels. Looks good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Always exciting when getting new wheels. There is no better way to personalize your car than with new wheels. Looks good.
Thanks Kev, I am really pleased with them, a big improvement over stock LX steel wheel and plastic cover look! I have my snow tires on the steel wheels so it will be easy to change over for winter.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Got this blox convex mirror clipped on real quick: thing is big but man I see everything lol.
Waiting on the progress 22mm to get here then I should be set! Anyone else run these bushings? I’ve heard good things besides the mini washers they came with

·
I Need A Vacation
13,984 Posts
View attachment 493941 Got this blox convex mirror clipped on real quick: thing is big but man I see everything lol. View attachment 493942 Waiting on the progress 22mm to get here then I should be set! Anyone else run these bushings? I’ve heard good things besides the mini washers they came with
I had a big mirror than switched to a convex one wasn't sure about it at first but now I like the convex style more because of the wide viewing angle.

I've heard good things about the Moog endlinks as well next time I do suspension work I'm going to upgrade my endlinks to Moog.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The view seems more distant with the mirror but hopefully the glare isnt as bad and the wide angle is awesome. Nice little thing. As for the end links everyone recommends them and they were pretty cheap. 45 for the pair on Amazon I can’t really say no to that

·
Registered
922 Posts
View attachment 493941 Got this blox convex mirror clipped on real quick: thing is big but man I see everything lol. View attachment 493942 Waiting on the progress 22mm to get here then I should be set! Anyone else run these bushings? I’ve heard good things besides the mini washers they came with
Yep, using those bushings with the Progress 22mm. Swapped out the zerk fittings for some at a 90-degree angle so it's easier to grease them.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Installed Aerogenics ball joint spacers, changed oil. Was going to rotate the tires, but the driver's side tire needs to replaced a-fucking-gain. Something is wrong and no idea what. Ordered 2 new tires and will just leave it there and see if they can figure the shit out.

Attachments

16361 - 16380 of 16396 Posts