9th Gen Civic Forum banner
16381 - 16400 of 16410 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replaced my spark plugs today with the oem ngk plugs, my car has 120,000 km on it and I don't need to replace them till 160,000 km but after replacing them my car definitely felt better and by the looks of my original plugs they needed replaced.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My Truhart/Swift Spec-R front suspension broke, so I'm back to the 4x4 look of 100% stock suspension.
Also needed new front brakes (finally - after 7 years and 200,000 miles) and a refrigerant recharge for the A/C.

·
Registered
2013 ex coupe 5 speed manual
69 Posts
The coupe styling is so sharp, and in blue it looks amazing!
Thanks, I was so lucky to find a rare EX manual tranny in the color I wanted, for only $9700. It was less than 2 yrs old, salvage title (rear end damage), with 24k miles. I've had it for 6 years now and it still runs great.

·
Registered
132 Posts
car: base model

Was cleaning the engine bay when i noticed the air intake hole had cracked. Car has ~85k on it. Will probably pay someone to replace it since it looks like a pain to remove everything.

Some other big issue was the cvt plug popped out. Found a few threads on here about cleaning the release valve and decided to just buy a new plug and valve altogether and hasnt popped out since then.

A bit concerned as I never noticed these issues. Hopefully, the engine can still push another 100k miles.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,052 Posts

Was cleaning the engine bay when i noticed the air intake hole had cracked. Car has ~85k on it. Will probably pay someone to replace it since it looks like a pain to remove everything.

Some other big issue was the cvt plug popped out. Found a few threads on here about cleaning the release valve and decided to just buy a new plug and valve altogether and hasnt popped out since then.

A bit concerned as I never noticed these issues. Hopefully, the engine can still push another 100k miles.

Not sure about R18 but air intake hose on Si easy to pull off just loosen clamps on both ends unplug sensor and wiggle out.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
514 Posts

Not sure about R18 but air intake hose on Si easy to pull off just loosen clamps on both ends unplug sensor and wiggle out.
Yeah, looks like it pulls out just like on the Si.

I would just do that myself. It should be SUPER easy.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
933 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Finally put these bad boys (BBK, not the wheels) on, from @Hella JDM

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
933 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am starting this thread to see a daily progress of everybodies cars without having a new thread for every person to try to keep the site from being cluttered.I don't care if its a fresh tank of gas or a turbo install, lets see what ya got. Please include pics of what ever you did or purchased for your ride.Today I gave my car a nice wash, and a coat of zymol.
I looked at my car before coming to work and wondered why some civics in CBP have a weak clear coat that fades easily over time, granted I live in TX and the sun is on my car all day but civics seem to be notorious for this issue. Then I said whatever, got in, and went to work.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I drove my car to work today... but this weekend she is getting spoiled. I'm flying out to vegas sunday for a week, leaving her dirty in the garage is not acceptible so saturday she will get the full detail treatment saturday.. I'm thinking... wash, claybar, polish, carnauba.

When I get back I'm also taking her in to the stealership for her first visit, my clutch has made a squeeking noise when letting it out since about 700 miles, starting to bother me now at 4500.
I’m gonna steal that “stealership” word and use it from now on. Thank you for that.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
514 Posts
I looked at my car before coming to work and wondered why some civics in CBP have a weak clear coat that fades easily over time, granted I live in TX and the sun is on my car all day but civics seem to be notorious for this issue. Then I said whatever, got in, and went to work.
It was a Honda acknowledged issue. They extended the paint warranty on them. I got most of my panels repainted under warranty. But since it was warranty work the shop did a shit job. It was a terrible experience and I was without my car for a month or so.

But you're absolutely right. The factory paint and clear coat was shit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It was a Honda acknowledged issue. They extended the paint warranty on them. I got most of my panels repainted under warranty. But since it was warranty work the shop did a shit job. It was a terrible experience and I was without my car for a month or so.

But you're absolutely right. The factory paint and clear coat was shit.
Yea I’m the second owner so it was already starting and warranty expired, also I have the ‘12 coupe in the VIN batch that burns excessive oil due to pistons/rings being changed for better fuel economy, which I didn’t even hear of before I bought the car. I been adult lifetime Honda owner and love the Si’s but they disappointed me on this year of the car. I’m still going to maintain it and run it until it dies.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
514 Posts
Yea I’m the second owner so it was already starting and warranty expired, also I have the ‘12 coupe in the VIN batch that burns excessive oil due to pistons/rings being changed for better fuel economy, which I didn’t even hear of before I bought the car. I been adult lifetime Honda owner and love the Si’s but they disappointed me on this year of the car. I’m still going to maintain it and run it until it dies.
Same. Second owner, but I got my 12' back in 15' as a certified preowned, so I still had some warranty left, fortunately. Oil consumption issues too. I burn about a quart every month or so.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Same. Second owner, but I got my 12' back in 15' as a certified preowned, so I still had some warranty left, fortunately. Oil consumption issues too. I burn about a quart every month or so.
The ridiculous thing is Honda says it “okay” to burn a quart every thousand miles. My 2004 civic and my 99 integra never had that problem. That’s actually not okay, but now I just keep it topped off, check every week, change 3k miles. Idk if Lucas synthetic oil additive would help at all but I’ve usually not ever used additives, some I’ve been told are gimmicks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Might seem like something small but this is the first time I have worked on my car. I just changed the OEM shifter bushing to the ACUITY Shifter bushing and I can say hands down a good small mod to do. Took about 1 hour since I accidentally lost one of the cover screws that holds down the battery in place. Not sure what to do next, but I'm looking into it

·
Registered
49 Posts
Might seem like something small but this is the first time I have worked on my car. I just changed the OEM shifter bushing to the ACUITY Shifter bushing and I can say hands down a good small mod to do. Took about 1 hour since I accidentally lost one of the cover screws that holds down the battery in place. Not sure what to do next, but I'm looking into it

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice, yea Acuity makes top notch parts and has top notch customer service/ shipping. I use their bushings and Poco shift knob. I’d like to install their cold air intake but not enough $ right now and I don’t really want to relocate the battery. Probably not too difficult but then you need to spend another $6-700 on flash pro.

16381 - 16400 of 16410 Posts