9th Gen Civic Forum banner
16401 - 16409 of 16409 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice, yea Acuity makes top notch parts and has top notch customer service/ shipping. I use their bushings and Poco shift knob. I’d like to install their cold air intake but not enough $ right now and I don’t really want to relocate the battery. Probably not too difficult but then you need to spend another $6-700 on flash pro.
The next things im looking into is a new set of headlights but the market is huge so I really dont know where to even begin looking. I also purchased a shift boot collar that I still have yet to do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nothing too big but aside from installing my Acuity shifter bushings, just yesterday I got rid of my OEM shifter boot collar and installed one from Acuity and I really like it. Only took like 30 minutes since it was my first time removing my shifter knob.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks good. I was thinking of doing the same too mine actually. How did you go about it? Sandblast and spray paint is what a buddy of mine suggested.
I didn't sandblast, but I did remove them altogether and scrubbed them with a wire brush. I completed submerged the brackets in soapy water while I scrubbed them down, but for the actual caliper and piston I was a bit more cautious and used a spray bottle with soapy water instead of dunking it. After that I wiped them dry and then sprayed everything down with brake cleaner.

If you have access to a sandblaster though, I'm sure that would definitely cut down on the cleaning process quite a bit. My only concern would be the sand finding it's way into the caliper by accident.

As the for the products used to paint, I went with two cans of Dupli-color Engine Enamel base and one can of their gloss clear. I was a bit impatient and sprayed max maybe 2-2.5 coats of base, but since the surface of the calipers are pretty rough the paint clings on and doesn't run easily. I did about the same number of coats in clear, but I applied this at a slower pace to get a nice wet coat down. I just let it air dry, and didn't throw it in the oven like it's suggested cause I didn't want to stink up the house. Because it didn't cure completely before I threw them back on, I did end up with a few chips here and there but overall I'm happy.

I know a lot of people leave them on and paint them that way (without masking/removing the pads), but that just seemed kind of ghetto to me. If I went that route, I would at least remove the pads and hardware and then mask for overspray.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
933 Posts
A couple days ago, I switch over to a Hybrid Racing derlin shift knob from the Acuity derlin shift knob. I really like the Hybrid shift knob.

Reactions: Reeses_Cars

·
Registered
7 Posts
Followed this guide for doing my Rotors and Brakes on my 2013:

Went with the Element 3 RayBestos Zinc-Coated Rotors and Pads. Really liking the bite on these.

16401 - 16409 of 16409 Posts