9th Gen Civic Forum banner
16421 - 16440 of 16444 Posts

·
Photoshop Masta
3,021 Posts
Got FlashPro and made some adjustments to the reflash basemap. Car feels SO MUCH better!! I'm stoked.

·
Registered
2012 Civic EX Sedan
40 Posts
Looks good! What products and procedures did you use?
Meguiars Plastx clear plastic cleaner and polish, $15.37 Amazon.com, and TCP Global Brand 3" mini buffing and polishing kit for power drill. $21.37 Amazon.com. I cleaned them with Simple green and then rinsed and dried before taping off surrounding painted parts. I spent maybe an hour and a half on them.

·
Registered
2012 Civic EX Sedan
40 Posts
Today I used a piece of small vacuum hose and blew pressurized air into the drain holes on my moonroof. I am at 118k miles so I bought Honda coolant, transmission fluid, spark plugs and air filters for the high mileage scheduled maintenance. Already had the engine oil and filter. Suffered sticker shock on the spark plugs, $25 each from Honda dealer.

·
Registered
Supercharged 2014 Fb6
42 Posts
Michigan apparently has no traffic lights. Or stop signs. Or traffic. hahaha
We have all of those things, most people get away with treating them as optional though!
I upgraded to EBC pads when I added boost, at around 83K... and my OEM pads looked like they still had ~2/3 life left on them. Mostly Highway driving, to be fair. (2014 civic having pads upgraded in 2021 at 83K...lol)

Edit: EBS corrected to EBC...spelling three letter acronyms is... hard?

·
I Need A Vacation
14,270 Posts
We have all of those things, most people get away with treating them as optional though!
I upgraded to EBS pads when I added boost, at around 83K... and my OEM pads looked like they still had ~2/3 life left on them. Mostly Highway driving, to be fair. (2014 civic having pads upgraded in 2021 at 83K...lol)
2013 here and I'm still on stock brakes and I do a fair amount of short trips and stop and go driving. The OEM 9thgen Si brakes last if you don't abuse the car. Most likely going to do brakes next year though.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
966 Posts
Got quite a bit done, had Honda do the valve adjustment since I wasn't going to fool with it, and alignment done. Since it was there, I had them change the valve cover gasket and change out the cover to a wrinkle black one I had made, and throw on the K24 titanium bolts on it from Chasing J's.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Got quite a bit done, had Honda do the valve adjustment since I wasn't going to fool with it, and alignment done. Since it was there, I had them change the valve cover gasket and change out the cover to a wrinkle black one I had made, and throw on the K24 titanium bolts on it from Chasing J's.
Pics or it didn't happen sir.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen sir.
I put it on insta, but the picture wasn't that great, so I need to take another one.

Which brings me to a really odd issue I had with Honda. I changed the oil Saturday, and the level was right in the middle of the dipstick. I decided to check on an issue I had with the driver side brake caliper yesterday, and what do I see? Oil. Oil that has dripped down from the top. Well, it didn't do that Saturday night. So I check the oil level, and those fuckers has lost so much oil, it was below the second circle on the dipstick. So they changed the VC, adjusted the valves, and resealed whatever the timing cover is that leaks on our car, and somehow lost that much oil, AND didn't even check the oil level before giving it back to me.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,270 Posts
I put it on insta, but the picture wasn't that great, so I need to take another one.

Which brings me to a really odd issue I had with Honda. I changed the oil Saturday, and the level was right in the middle of the dipstick. I decided to check on an issue I had with the driver side brake caliper yesterday, and what do I see? Oil. Oil that has dripped down from the top. Well, it didn't do that Saturday night. So I check the oil level, and those fuckers has lost so much oil, it was below the second circle on the dipstick. So they changed the VC, adjusted the valves, and resealed whatever the timing cover is that leaks on our car, and somehow lost that much oil, AND didn't even check the oil level before giving it back to me.
That's why I hate taking anything to the dealer even to a mechanic for that matter.🖕

·
Registered
966 Posts
That's why I hate taking anything to the dealer even to a mechanic for that matter.🖕
Yeah, this is going to make me think twice now. I don't understand though, how'd they lose that much oil? Something during the valve adjustment process I'm not aware of? I know it had to be cold before any work could be done, but that's all I know, and watching a couple videos about the small timing plate that is known to leak a bit, there's no way to lose nearly 1-2 quarts (soft guess) of oil.

·
Photoshop Masta
3,021 Posts
Installed a Tymate TPMS. I had it in the 12V accessory socket down in front of the shifter but it was too low to see all the readings on the screen, so I installed another 12V socket below the traction control button. Much better now!
Fixture Gadget Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Electronic device

·
Registered
966 Posts
Charged my battery because I forgot to turn off one of the map lights when I had to fix my short shifter settings lol

16421 - 16440 of 16444 Posts