9th Gen Civic Forum banner
16501 - 16520 of 16551 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
I took off the original steel wheels/snow tires, and put on my new Enkei J10 16 inch wheels and Altimax RT43 all season tires. I also changed the oil and filter. I think the new wheels are a nice improvement over that Honda plastic wheel cover look. View attachment 495508
Good choice very nice.👍

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts
Thanks Kev I am pleased with how they look. I also like that they are light, 16.5 lbs per wheel. I may leave them on all year as winters are fairly mild here in the Denver area.
I stopped using steelies in winter years ago I can't stand how ugly they look.

·
Registered
308 Posts

·
Registered
Supercharged 2014 Fb6
165 Posts
Thanks Kev I am pleased with how they look. I also like that they are light, 16.5 lbs per wheel. I may leave them on all year as winters are fairly mild here in the Denver area.
This reason is EXACTLY why I need to pick up a used pair of alloys for winter use. My ass is tired of putting on and removing steel wheels, lol.

·
Registered
Supercharged 2014 Fb6
165 Posts
What is that bolt for? At this point I’d weld on a nut and extract it that way

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro while on the toilet.
It's the bolt that mounts the shifter assembly. I do not currently have access to a welder (should change soon) but I did try to put a nut on there (I think the person I asked to pick it up at the store brought me an imperial one instead of metric as it didn't QUITE bite.) It's a gaping whole where a bolt and threading used to be now though, lol. (I broke a little over $50 worth of extractors trying to get this... and it ended up just launching out the bottom with a center hole punch...)

I am going to just put a flanged nut underneath, with the strongest threadlock I have in the barn.

"Installing the SiriMoto Krispy Shift Kit should only take a little over 30 minutes, maybe longer if you're inexperienced" -Procar Studio.... in Ventura CA.
I see that claim and challenge it with Michigan winters and salty roads! (as I'm almost a week into it rn, lol)

Tracking this "fun" experience here now, lol

·
Registered
Supercharged 2014 Fb6
165 Posts
Finally got the short shifter install buttoned up:
Car Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Also installed the Acuity Throttle spacer, below is pictured on the medium (B, out of A, B, and C) position. I love it.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Wood Tints and shades

Just a friendly reminder to re-connect your throttle sensor BEFORE reconnecting the battery and starting the car, lol.
Lots of mildly surprising and worrisome errors if you forget that :p

·
I Need A Vacation
14,504 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
1,008 Posts
Finally, after a month or two, washed it after getting some free time off work and not raining all the time.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I was chasing down a rattle noise over the past 2 weeks. It turned out to be rf spring cracked at the bottom. 171k miles on the originals. I bought another set of springs from another member but all new hardware and shocks from hondapartsnow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just installed OEM fog lights on my daughter's 2013 EX.

Also installed the factory vent visors. Very helpful in hot climates, to be able to crack the windows down a little without worrying about a stray thundershower dousing the interior.

OF

·
Registered
308 Posts
It was 90* today in Boston. I was replacing my ac compressor. Once I got the new one in, I snapped the stud for the bottom ac line. Omg I was furious! I had to put back the old one and now I gotta go back to work and switch it out.

·
Registered
Supercharged 2014 Fb6
165 Posts
Been like two days ago now... but simply drove opposite of a gravel carrying convoy at 35 mph... and there goes my 32 day old windscreen.... tons of little peppered chips all over it now, and this guy directly in front of the drivers left eye...
Automotive lighting Finger Gadget Communication Device Nail

16501 - 16520 of 16551 Posts