9th Gen Civic Forum banner
16561 - 16575 of 16575 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Won my class at SCCA Time Trials National Tour in Thompson, CT. Here is my 2nd fastest lap ...
Nice video. Man, you really have the suspension dialed in nicely, it behaves so well at throttle closed on corner entry under braking, and when you hit the apex and start opening up throttle, the same predictable handling on the way out to the straightaway.

Between tire choice (and pressure management), spring rates, sway bars, shock absorber valving and brakes ... I'm really, really impressed. And you make it look easy, no drama with the steering wheel. Wish I could both set up a suspension and drive it as well you do. (y)(y)(y):cool:

OF

·
Registered
398 Posts
Nice video. Man, you really have the suspension dialed in nicely, it behaves so well at throttle closed on corner entry under braking, and when you hit the apex and start opening up throttle, the same predictable handling on the way out to the straightaway.

Between tire choice (and pressure management), spring rates, sway bars, shock absorber valving and brakes ... I'm really, really impressed. And you make it look easy, no drama with the steering wheel. Wish I could both set up a suspension and drive it as well you do. (y)(y)(y):cool:

OF
Thank you. I don't really have a fancy set up or anything. Just off the shelf koni yellows in the rear, 24mm progress rear sway bar and new stock front shocks from Honda. Still on the factory springs. No tune or anything. Just 10+ years of autocross experience that translated well on track.

Update for this week. I replaced my AC compressor earlier this year and noticed some dried coolant around the thermostat housing. Well I replaced that Tstat housing with a new t stat. What a PITA to line of the bolts again. You will need to have the t stat disconnected to make it easier and get new bolts while you're at it. New t stat housing doesn't come with a gasket so get a couple. I buggered one up and it leaked. New t stat has its own gasket. I also got new upper and lower radiator hoses from Honda. Note to self, get worm gear hose clamps instead of the Honda ones. Those are so much easier to put on.

Here's an autocross I took last weekend and would've won had I not hit that cone.

·
Registered
2012 Si coupe
50 Posts
I drove my car to work today... but this weekend she is getting spoiled. I'm flying out to vegas sunday for a week, leaving her dirty in the garage is not acceptible so saturday she will get the full detail treatment saturday.. I'm thinking... wash, claybar, polish, carnauba.

When I get back I'm also taking her in to the stealership for her first visit, my clutch has made a squeeking noise when letting it out since about 700 miles, starting to bother me now at 4500.
Man I hate that!
mine usually only does it if I hold the clutch for to long w not enough throttle OR when I let the car sit for a few days… I’ve heard ppl say they replaced clutch/flywheel/throwout bearing/cmc/csc and it still does it lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
...Here's an autocross I took last weekend and would've won had I not hit that cone.

THIS is a patent example showing why autocross is so mentally demanding. You don't have other visual references, like flat curbing, division between road and dirt / grass / overrun area or anything else to help you "visualize your racing line" like you can on a paved road or track.

The road and it's boundaries and other items in your visual field help you choose a good line and "keep seeing it" and how to segue it into the next one. These things "help you see ahead."

Instead, with autocross, you're figuring out line and apex between cones set without additional visual references. Autocross is not easy! Having more to look at is patently helpful to those of us who don't ever practice or drive like this at well-set-up events.

That is definitely one great minute of inspiring video.

OF

·
Registered
398 Posts
@jn2k108 maybe im looking to in depth but you shifted into 7th in the video? is the rpm cluster just not right? can someone make me look dumb and tell me what it is displaying?
I did not shift to 7th gear. Your tach goes up to 8000 rpms. Stock revs go up to 7200.

THIS is a patent example showing why autocross is so mentally demanding. You don't have other visual references, like flat curbing, division between road and dirt / grass / overrun area or anything else to help you "visualize your racing line" like you can on a paved road or track.

The road and it's boundaries and other items in your visual field help you choose a good line and "keep seeing it" and how to segue it into the next one. These things "help you see ahead."

Instead, with autocross, you're figuring out line and apex between cones set without additional visual references. Autocross is not easy! Having more to look at is patently helpful to those of us who don't ever practice or drive like this at well-set-up events.

That is definitely one great minute of inspiring video.

OF
Thank you! This is about 11 years of doing autocross. I should be going to one this weekend and actually drive the Civic this time.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
1,010 Posts
Dropped it off at Dynosty to have the FX350 clutch+flywheel, whatever Sirimoto's slave cylinder is called, and Full Race traction balls installed. May or may not get it back today.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Washed my car today.

• I've noticed more and more paint chips and scratches at the front of the vehicle. So, I think I'll pen down a paint correction date sometime in the future.
  • Anyone have a recommendation for water spots? 3M wrap on the rooftop seems to be a magnet for dirty rain, and good ol' soapy water isn't working for me.
  • I have a new lip coming in soon. Can't wait to change it! I'm in between leaving it black or color matching it white. I may leave it black in the meantime I save some $ for paint services.
  • Replace the wiper blades with a new OEM pair, wow what a welcome change!
  • Fortunately, I haven't had anymore trouble with these headlights, though I still need to figure out the best way to adjust the aim of the bulbs. Probably taking them off, which is a bummer.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
I Need A Vacation
14,611 Posts
Washed my car today.

• Anyone have a recommendation for water spots? 3M wrap on the rooftop seems to be a magnet for dirty rain, and good ol' soapy water isn't working for me.

View attachment 496403
Something like this should do the trick.

16561 - 16575 of 16575 Posts