9th Gen Civic Forum banner
16621 - 16640 of 16651 Posts

· Registered
468 Posts
Damn! That sucks. But you're learning. I'm due for a tune up and was thinking of doing a valve adjustment as well, but then I read it's only necessary if "they're noisy". I rather not dig into it if I don't have to.
Take 2 today. A couple of the exhaust clearances were pretty loose, so I messed those up yesterday and that explains the loud ticking. Those are harder to get right since they're on the backside of the engine. I fired it up 3 hours later and only mild ticking, which sounds to be healthy. I'll take it for a drive tomorrow.

Reactions: Beeshabo

· Registered
8 Posts
Today I got the oil changed on my Honda (bought 2 months ago via abetter.bid, btw). I also put in a new air filter, spark plugs, and checked the brakes. I also decided to give my Honda a good wash and wax job to make sure it's looking great on the roads. Finally, I checked the tire pressure and made sure everything looked good. Overall, I put a lot of care and effort into maintaining my Honda today. It felt good to know that I was taking proper care of my vehicle and making sure it's always in peak condition.

· Registered
2 Posts
So I have rims that are 18x9.5 +30 offset on 245/40/18. I have my fenders rolled and are currently on D2 coilovers but I want to upgrade to tru hart struts and shocks with skunk 2 springs. Wondering if this would rub or have enough clearance. Or if I would need to get smaller tires, but I love this meaty set up that I have.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
209 Posts
Got my headlights from precisionworkz installed, and a new front lip painted/mounted. A couple of body shops told me it'd be difficult to drill through the fiberglass lip in order to install the devsport splitter I have laying around, so no one's taken the job. :( Anyone else had any success stories of fiberglass lips with a splitter underneath? Otherwise, I still have it for sale.

Automotive parking light Cloud Sky Vehicle Wheel

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Car Grille Automotive lighting Vehicle

· Registered
181 Posts
Got my headlights from precisionworkz installed, and a new front lip painted/mounted. A couple of body shops told me it'd be difficult to drill through the fiberglass lip in order to install the devsport splitter I have laying around, so no one's taken the job. :( Anyone else had any success stories of fiberglass lips with a splitter underneath? Otherwise, I still have it for sale.

View attachment 497358

View attachment 497357

View attachment 497356
link to headlights? or are these custom?

· Registered
209 Posts
If you’re drilling into fiberglass, it’s going to break off. You have to mold it into the devsport.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro while on the toilet.
Thanks for the explanation, now this makes sense. everyone i went to just told me no, but never offered the option of molding the splitter to the lip. I don't think I'll end up combining the two pieces, but knowing all the information is what I like. Thanks again!

· Registered
209 Posts
link to headlights? or are these custom?
These are custom from PrecisionWorkz! I'll leave a link below, but this build consists of the following items:

• model name: Turbine Takeover
  • clear side reflectors (just need to get some white bulbs)
  • anodized yellow drl/high beam bowls
  • black painted projector shrouds
  • color changing hex halos (still have to wire these up)
  • sequential led strips
  • honeycomb etched projectors

Here's the link for you! Click here!

I ordered these on January 1st, and was able to take advantage of a new years sale. The total cost of the headlight assemblies was $680.00. They didn't come with the low beam bulbs, so I ordered the Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 leds also.

· Registered
181 Posts
These are custom from PrecisionWorkz! I'll leave a link below, but this build consists of the following items:

• model name: Turbine Takeover
  • clear side reflectors (just need to get some white bulbs)
  • anodized yellow drl/high beam bowls
  • black painted projector shrouds
  • color changing hex halos (still have to wire these up)
  • sequential led strips
  • honeycomb etched projectors

Here's the link for you! Click here!

I ordered these on January 1st, and was able to take advantage of a new years sale. The total cost of the headlight assemblies was $680.00. They didn't come with the low beam bulbs, so I ordered the Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 leds also.
thank you tons! this looks like quite the purchase! and also can I ask why u painted the front splitter black and not color match white?

· Registered
209 Posts
thank you tons! this looks like quite the purchase! and also can I ask why u painted the front splitter black and not color match white?
sure was the purchase. Originally, these were out my budget, and I had gone with the cheaper Spyder headlights (Click here!) because I saw a lot of other 9th gen owners run them. However, those quickly turned into rubbish, and I actually still have them at home in a box. The wires the spyder lights had ended up melting on me. It was a big shame, but I did learn how to take my front bumper off as well as the headlight assemblies, which was cool! Don't buy those lights ever! I ended up saving up the dollars and splurged on the custom ones. Better to buy once and cry once than to do what I did. :ROFLMAO:

So my inspiration for painting the front lip black comes heavily from the 9th gen FK2 type R. I'll put a photo below. I was going to mount an additional splitter below, but as I learned in the posts above, fiberglass isn't friendly. It's a car that I really adore, and wish came to the states. I went back and forth between color matching or going black, but in the end went with black to aid in giving the car a more unique/aggressive look, especially more now that I have the roof wrapped in black and the side mirrors in black too. I still really love the clean/aesthetic look that color matched parts give off though!

Oddly enough, I ended up ordering a set of gloss white AP5 wheels from ESR to get rid of the wheel bug I've been having, but it doesn't hurt to have two sets of shoes. I still love the OEM blades in the gloss black I have currently. I'm unsure what will be next on my list. I'm in between getting a set of lowering springs (Swift Spec-R for a real modest drop) or getting the car's paint corrected. She's all fine and dandy in photos, but there's a lot of swirls / rock chips / imperfections.

Tire Wheel Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Hood

· Registered
181 Posts
sure was the purchase. Originally, these were out my budget, and I had gone with the cheaper Spyder headlights (Click here!) because I saw a lot of other 9th gen owners run them. However, those quickly turned into rubbish, and I actually still have them at home in a box. The wires the spyder lights had ended up melting on me. It was a big shame, but I did learn how to take my front bumper off as well as the headlight assemblies, which was cool! Don't buy those lights ever! I ended up saving up the dollars and splurged on the custom ones. Better to buy once and cry once than to do what I did. :ROFLMAO:

So my inspiration for painting the front lip black comes heavily from the 9th gen FK2 type R. I'll put a photo below. I was going to mount an additional splitter below, but as I learned in the posts above, fiberglass isn't friendly. It's a car that I really adore, and wish came to the states. I went back and forth between color matching or going black, but in the end went with black to aid in giving the car a more unique/aggressive look, especially more now that I have the roof wrapped in black and the side mirrors in black too. I still really love the clean/aesthetic look that color matched parts give off though!

Oddly enough, I ended up ordering a set of gloss white AP5 wheels from ESR to get rid of the wheel bug I've been having, but it doesn't hurt to have two sets of shoes. I still love the OEM blades in the gloss black I have currently. I'm unsure what will be next on my list. I'm in between getting a set of lowering springs (Swift Spec-R for a real modest drop) or getting the car's paint corrected. She's all fine and dandy in photos, but there's a lot of swirls / rock chips / imperfections.

View attachment 497360
I'm glad the paint color wasn't random and it was inspired by something instead. definitely will suit the car when al done but save the paint correction till after u buy all your parts. unless there is rust I wouldn't bother. get all the fun stuff then maintain it when u are happy! looks good and white on white is cool! I'm gonna do chrome shoes soon and lower it also

· Registered
209 Posts
I'm glad the paint color wasn't random and it was inspired by something instead. definitely will suit the car when al done but save the paint correction till after u buy all your parts. unless there is rust I wouldn't bother. get all the fun stuff then maintain it when u are happy! looks good and white on white is cool! I'm gonna do chrome shoes soon and lower it also
I really appreciate it brother! Will do on the paint correction! Chrome shoes sound dope, can't wait to see them when they're on!

· Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
1,040 Posts
Some packages arrived yesterday...
Shipping box Packaging and labeling Gas Carton Box
Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Font

Reactions: Clean12Coupe

· Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
1,040 Posts

View attachment 497358

View attachment 497357

View attachment 497356
One day, I will have a set, but for me they're damn near $1k.

Reactions: RayBans2111

· Registered
2012 Si coupe
114 Posts

View attachment 497360
I hear that - paint correction produces AMAZING results (coupled with new headlights, yea it gon look like a brand new car) if I was you I would do the paint correction next it will be highly worth it I assure you… Years ago I bought a black Lexus GS300 that was in good mechanical shape and interior was FRESH but paint was booty, so I got the car and ordered new headlights and a front lip, had the lip/ side skirts/ grill painted and whole car paint corrected and buffed and boyyyyyyyy that $hit changed the whole car, I mean looked so brand new it was unreal 🔥

· Registered
209 Posts
I hear that - paint correction produces AMAZING results (coupled with new headlights, yea it gon look like a brand new car) if I was you I would do the paint correction next it will be highly worth it I assure you… Years ago I bought a black Lexus GS300 that was in good mechanical shape and interior was FRESH but paint was booty, so I got the car and ordered new headlights and a front lip, had the lip/ side skirts/ grill painted and whole car paint corrected and buffed and boyyyyyyyy that $hit changed the whole car, I mean looked so brand new it was unreal 🔥
haha, I bet! Depending on how the fitment for the new wheels go, I'll either go for the lowering springs or paint corrected. Specs I got were 18x8.5 +35. Hoping to be flush on the fenders, otherwise may need to drop and add a few 1/10ths of degrees of camber if there's too much poke. :p

16621 - 16640 of 16651 Posts