9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started looking at the Civic SI. While looking on Auto Trader.com I found many SI's with MSRP of $23,145.00. I talked with one dealer and was told they would take $1200.00 off of that. My question is with an MSRP of $23,145 what would be a decent discount. Also what kind of discounts have recent buyers on the site been getting? Also with that MSRP what would be a good offer to make on the car? Thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
That's pretty good. Around my area dealers are actually adding 3000 to the msrp. Its called market adjustment since the si is so rare. I bought mine aug 2011 and it took nearly 6 months for them to get another one in. Looked at a loaded si coupe a few months back priced at 30k and that wasn't the hfp edition.

K24Z7 Crew Member #45

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
Wow. My dealer down the Road had 3 in stock when I bought mine, going back a few times since, they've had at least 3 in stock, usually different ones.

·
Registered
288 Posts
IIRC, I got about $1900 off MSRP on my Si coupe w/nav back in June. That was after a lot of back-n-forth and walking out of the dealership. They called me at home shortly after and offered me the $1800 off and a better offer on my trade-in.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That's pretty good. Around my area dealers are actually adding 3000 to the msrp. Its called market adjustment since the si is so rare. I bought mine aug 2011 and it took nearly 6 months for them to get another one in. Looked at a loaded si coupe a few months back priced at 30k and that wasn't the hfp edition.

K24Z7 Crew Member #45
Back when I started looking for an Si about March of this year, the dealers around here 1. Didn't have white ones in stock and 2. Were marking them up $4-5K. And that was like every single dealer I called. I thought that crap was ridiculous. By chance one day, I went to a dealer and they said they had one in stock and I paid MSRP because I didn't want to wait anymore. I figured it was ok because I would've probably gotten reamed by any other dealer in the area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got $2,250 off the MSRP and agreed to pay their $250 documentation fee. They have $1400ish from invoice to MSRP, they have an extra $500 in dealer cash from Honda right now, and they have holdback (2% of MSRP).

Honda Civic Incentives and Rebates

23,145 MSRP
21,561 Invoice
21,061 Minus $500 Dealer Cash
20,598 minus holdback = actual cost to the dealer

so they made about $300 selling me the car plus anything honda financial services gives them for getting me to finance through them and any profit they have in their $250 documentation fee. dealerships are generally setup as multiple various little profit centers so the $250 fee wasn't negotiable. we were at $2000 off till i said i wouldn't pay the fee, they said you have to, i said ok, just lower the price $250, they said ok.

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
I just started looking at the Civic SI. While looking on Auto Trader.com I found many SI's with MSRP of $23,145.00. I talked with one dealer and was told they would take $1200.00 off of that. My question is with an MSRP of $23,145 what would be a decent discount. Also what kind of discounts have recent buyers on the site been getting? Also with that MSRP what would be a good offer to make on the car? Thanks.
edmunds has a good guide for this exact question, its specific to your area, and really useful
2012 Honda Civic Si Si Price With Options

1 - 8 of 8 Posts