9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
691 Posts
For years I always used and tried different carnubba waxes.
I really like Turtle Wax, ICE products. Spray Wax & Spray Detailer.
I don't like their Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions line.

For black plastic trim, that is going graying or white, "Solution Finish Black Plastic & Vinyl Restorer "
I've been using Back to Black off and on. Seems to work when I remember to put it on.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
For years I always used and tried different carnubba waxes.
I really like Turtle Wax, ICE products. Spray Wax & Spray Detailer.
I don't like their Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions line.

For black plastic trim, that is going graying or white, "Solution Finish Black Plastic & Vinyl Restorer "
The Hybrid Solutions line of products has gotten really good reviews though. Some of the products like the 3in1 detailer and dry as you wax sound like interesting products however I would not use those as they are products I would normally not use on my car. One product I really want to try though is the Hybrid Solutions 3in1 polish and wax I'm always looking for that "next level" polish so probably will pick up a bottle before I polish my car again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
One product I really want to try though is the Hybrid Solutions 3in1 polish and wax I'm always looking for that "next level" polish so probably will pick up a bottle before I polish my car again.
The Polish and Wax is good. I ordered all the hybrid ceramic products. The wax and 3-in-1 detailers leave a film. I have to use a damp micro-fiber followed immediately with a dry one, to get the film off. I will use them up and then go back to the ICE products.
Use the polish&wax then the ICE spray wax. Very easy to use, nice shine, and lasts.
Best wishes.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The Polish and Wax is good. I ordered all the hybrid ceramic products. The wax and 3-in-1 detailers leave a film. I have to use a damp micro-fiber followed immediately with a dry one, to get the film off. I will use them up and then go back to the ICE products.
Use the polish&wax then the ICE spray wax. Very easy to use, nice shine, and lasts.
Best wishes.
Filming and streaking could be due to overapplication try using less on the panel and see what happens these new ceramic type products I find a little go a long way. I'm already using the ICE spray wax such a good product better than more expensive overpriced stuff I've used in the past.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I recently noticed my tires starting to brown more and also when I dress my tires the tire dressing was not "bonding" well with the tire. Decided to try a more dedicated tire cleaner product.

I had this Black Magic tire cleaner sitting around so decided to give it a try. It contains Bleche Wite which is apparently quite a strong cleaning agent just be careful to not get it on the paint. Just spray and wait than I use a old cloth towel to rub it in the tire and spray off. Works good no more browning and tire dressing now goes on easier looks more consistent and stays on longer too. Ended up grabbing another bottle at Walmart for $5 bucks.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Civic SI Sedan
24 Posts
@kev604 Thanks for starting this car detailing thread. I have a mix array of cleaning products. Car wash solution. Glass cleaner. Wheel/Tire cleaner. Interior dashboard cleaner (Armor All). Interior upholstery cleaner. I am on my last bit of the Turtle Wax All Wheel/Tire cleaner which works really well so next up is Simple Green All Wheel cleaner. @kev604 The Black Magic Tire Cleaner looks interesting so if the wheel cleaner does not make the tires look clean. I will get myself some of that. A tool I want to get is a foam applicator gun which would help speed up my washing time but also reduce streaks while rinsing and drying. A restoring solution I need to get is something for the exterior plastic and vinyl trim (i.e. windshield dam, roof moldings, window moldings) since my 2013 Civic SI is pretty weathered. I am contemplating on getting Meguiar's Plastic Retstorer Black.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
@kev604 Thanks for starting this car detailing thread. I have a mix array of cleaning products. Car wash solution. Glass cleaner. Wheel/Tire cleaner. Interior dashboard cleaner (Armor All). Interior upholstery cleaner. I am on my last bit of the Turtle Wax All Wheel/Tire cleaner which works really well so next up is Simple Green All Wheel cleaner. @kev604 The Black Magic Tire Cleaner looks interesting so if the wheel cleaner does not make the tires look clean. I will get myself some of that. A tool I want to get is a foam applicator gun which would help speed up my washing time but also reduce streaks while rinsing and drying. A restoring solution I need to get is something for the exterior plastic and vinyl trim (i.e. windshield dam, roof moldings, window moldings) since my 2013 Civic SI is pretty weathered. I am contemplating on getting Meguiar's Plastic Retstorer Black. View attachment 491977
An all in one wheel and tire cleaner probably won't have strong enough cleaning agents to clean the tire might be okay for the wheel but not the muck and crap that sticks to the rubber that's why I went with a dedicated tire cleaner. I've used Meguiars black vinyl restorer before it does a decent job but leaves a bit of a greasy finish if your okay with that.

I have a Chemical Guys foaming gun it by no means is anything as good as a foaming cannon but it does help. Even with a foaming gun I still have a bucket of soap around in case I need it for extra lubrication.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Spray on products are an important part of any weekend warriors collection both for ease of use and time saving. I don't use spray detailers anymore as I find they have little to no durability, basically after a hard rainfall it's gone. I prefer to use spray wax as it atleast gives some protection and some durability. Usually I apply a spray wax after every wash as a topper so it is important to me to have a good spray wax.

My go to spray wax right now is the Turtle Wax Ice spray wax. It has good gloss and shine but the reason I'm using this product is durability which is top notch compared to other spray on products and that includes boutique brands. Application is just like any other spray on product I didn't have any issues with streaking usually streaking happens when you overspray a panel. Another feature of this product is that it sheets water really well. Water beading looks good on the car problem is it allows the water to sit and possibly dry leaving water spots. Sheeting keeps the water off the car so this is something to keep in mind. BTW Turtle Wax has stepped up their game recently they've got some really good OTC products in the market.
I just tried the ICE spray wax. Pretty good. It reminds me of Rain X. I will stick to the ICE for the summer time. It also has a really good smell..like a scent freshener for your exterior. I used a microfiber applicator pad to apply it. Dried it fully with a sponge with microfiber bristles.

·
Registered
566 Posts
After a few weeks of the turtle wax hybrid Ceramic spray, I gotta say it sticks around. Several rain storms, and a couple washes, it still works.
The down side, dust sticks to it. I mean, you cant hose off anything (bird poop comes off well). Dust sticks bad.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I just tried the ICE spray wax. Pretty good. It reminds me of Rain X. I will stick to the ICE for the summer time. It also has a really good smell..like a scent freshener for your exterior. I used a microfiber applicator pad to apply it. Dried it fully with a sponge with microfiber bristles. View attachment 492008
Turtle Wax Ice spray wax is my go to spray wax right now. It's really well balanced gives good gloss very hydrophobic and has some durability to it. I've used more expensive products before and the TW is as good if not better than any of those other products I've used. Key is don't overspray the panel so as to avoid streaking and also you won't have to dry off as much.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
After a few weeks of the turtle wax hybrid Ceramic spray, I gotta say it sticks around. Several rain storms, and a couple washes, it still works.
The down side, dust sticks to it. I mean, you cant hose off anything (bird poop comes off well). Dust sticks bad.
From what I've been reading you should get at least 4 months out of it easy. As long as it still beads water than your still getting protection once water starts to slowly sheet than it's time to reapply. I haven't experienced any issues with dust and my car is parked outside all day at work but than again it's not that dusty where I live.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Since I went through all that trouble of compound and polish (could have done a better job), I went ahead with using TW Ceramic coating and decided to buy the other TW Ceramic stuff, besides the polish but will probably get that later. It sucks that I can't use my foam cannon with their soap.

Reactions: ChanCF503

·
I Need A Vacation
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Since I went through all that trouble of compound and polish (could have done a better job), I went ahead with using TW Ceramic coating and decided to buy the other TW Ceramic stuff, besides the polish but will probably get that later. It sucks that I can't use my foam cannon with their soap.
The Ceramic spray coating and the Ceramic polish are the best two products I do want to give the Ceramic polish a try.

·
Registered
691 Posts
The Ceramic spray coating and the Ceramic polish are the best two products I do want to give the Ceramic polish a try.
I suppose when the coating calls it quits, I'll buy it and try. So anywhere up to a year from last week.

·
Registered
24 Posts
@TenZen Just browsing Autozone.com today and came across TW ICE Snow Foam Wash. I went to Youtube and found this guy who did a review on TW Snow Foam Wash. Looks good to me! Turtle Wax ICE Snowfoam Wash Review!

·
Registered
24 Posts
@kev604 Thanks for starting this car detailing thread. I have a mix array of cleaning products. Car wash solution. Glass cleaner. Wheel/Tire cleaner. Interior dashboard cleaner (Armor All). Interior upholstery cleaner. I am on my last bit of the Turtle Wax All Wheel/Tire cleaner which works really well so next up is Simple Green All Wheel cleaner. @kev604 The Black Magic Tire Cleaner looks interesting so if the wheel cleaner does not make the tires look clean. I will get myself some of that. A tool I want to get is a foam applicator gun which would help speed up my washing time but also reduce streaks while rinsing and drying. A restoring solution I need to get is something for the exterior plastic and vinyl trim (i.e. windshield dam, roof moldings, window moldings) since my 2013 Civic SI is pretty weathered. I am contemplating on getting Meguiar's Plastic Retstorer Black. View attachment 491977
UPDATE: I just used the Simple Green All Wheel and Tire cleaner the other day. I like it! I feel the cleaning effects are basically the same as TW Performance Plus. Difference though is that Simple Green is wetter. It saturates the surface a lot more than TW. TW has spray stream AND foam. Foam is good but you just have to use a lot of it. And yeah, @kev604 for me, a little bit of Black Magic on the sidewall lettering, would make the tire look sharp. Pic below (yeah..I just focused on the spokes and tire sidewall).

·
Registered
691 Posts
@TenZen Just browsing Autozone.com today and came across TW ICE Snow Foam Wash. I went to Youtube and found this guy who did a review on TW Snow Foam Wash. Looks good to me! Turtle Wax ICE Snowfoam Wash Review!
View attachment 492032
"Infused with a proprietary bubble gum fragrance". Bet that smells wonderful but that doesn't have the stuff for their ceramic stuff. I don't have to use it and I canuse any other soap I have that can be used in a foam cannon, just follow it up with hybrid wet wax or hybrid quick detailer.

Reactions: ChanCF503

·
Registered
24 Posts
An all in one wheel and tire cleaner probably won't have strong enough cleaning agents to clean the tire might be okay for the wheel but not the muck and crap that sticks to the rubber that's why I went with a dedicated tire cleaner. I've used Meguiars black vinyl restorer before it does a decent job but leaves a bit of a greasy finish if your okay with that.

I have a Chemical Guys foaming gun it by no means is anything as good as a foaming cannon but it does help. Even with a foaming gun I still have a bucket of soap around in case I need it for extra lubrication.
UPDATE: I used Meguiar's Plastic Restorer cream. Fine for me! It reminds me of Armor All but for the exterior plastics of the car. Works great on the windshield dam. A 1/2" foam brush helps detail hard to reach areas. And, it is important to wipe off all excess cream.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts