9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a R18A from a 2014 civic that I am putting in an off road rig and I am not sure what this part is on the bottom of the fuel rail. It looks like a pressure regulator but I cannot find it on any specs. It has a hole in the bottom of it.

I have never liked the 1/4 fuel inlet on the rail and wondered if this part on the bottom, which looks like it could screw off would be a place I could adapt a larger inlet tube.

I also do not see this device on most other 9th gen fuel rails so I am really curious.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yep, looks like a damper to me. I have a 2013 and 2014 r18z1 fuel rail and they both do not have the damper. My wife has an HRV , but I have not checked to see what her fuel rail has.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not taken it apart. I would love to find a way to tap a larger line in to an R18 rail but i am not sure if this is viable......

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I'm not sure that running a larger line to the stock rail would give you any increased flow.
How much power are you making? Are you running into fuel delivery problems?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure that running a larger line to the stock rail would give you any increased flow.
How much power are you making? Are you running into fuel delivery problems?

--. The rail opening is like 0.22". It would be helpful to know verifiable data that shows how much fuel can pass a 0.22" (or 0.25) tube at say 60psi.

I've only heard opinions and not real verifiabe data. I know there can be many variables that affect things but hard data would be useful.

If anyone has links to data please share.

Thank you. Charlie

Sent from my SM-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts