9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading all kinds of reviews for different brands of lugs and each seem to have their own pros and cons. Anybody with aftermarket lugs got any good suggestions? Alotta lugs seem to be made with aluminum...is that strong enough to hold?!

I'm looking into getting some Zerg Industries lugs, reviews on them are bad and good as well. I'll pay a decent price for some good lugs but I'm not down to drop a couple hundred on them. Any suggestions would be nice!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Attachments

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
muteki's are good for the price. but make sure u get some locks nuts too.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
muteki's are good for the price. but make sure u get some locks nuts too.
Yeah. That's what I plan to do. Sucks I have to get the locking nuts separate. But I live in asmall hick town and no one steals. So I'll be okay for a bit.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
a buddie of mine went to San Francisco to visit his family and stayed overnight. He had Volk Rays lugnuts and BullLock lock nuts. When he came out the next morning, all of his volk ray lugnuts were taken off but they couldn't take his BullLock lock nuts. He took pictures and we laughed because Volk Rays lugnuts are over rated...but i still like them too.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a buddie of mine went to San Francisco to visit his family and stayed overnight. He had Volk Rays lugnuts and BullLock lock nuts. When he came out the next morning, all of his volk ray lugnuts were taken off but they couldn't take his BullLock lock nuts. He took pictures and we laughed because Volk Rays lugnuts are over rated...but i still like them too.
Damn forreal?! Haha very nice. Hella lucky too!! Why are Rays lugs overrated?:p aren't they good? Or just ridiculous price? Lol

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Damn forreal?! Haha very nice. Hella lucky too!! Why are Rays lugs overrated?:p aren't they good? Or just ridiculous price? Lol

they are good but the price is insane just for the lugnuts and no locks. And there are lots of fake cheap ones out there too.

·
Registered
610 Posts
So, just found this thread, I'm looking into getting colored lug nuts. But then this thread also raised the question of lock nuts. Which may be smart, although I'm not sure I live anyplace where people would attempt that. I know nothing about lug nut sizing, I'm sure they're not one size fits all, I have OEM EX 13 wheels .... is that muteki thing I saw earlier in the thread good quality? I'm thinking blue to go with my DBP paint.

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
So, just found this thread, I'm looking into getting colored lug nuts. But then this thread also raised the question of lock nuts. Which may be smart, although I'm not sure I live anyplace where people would attempt that. I know nothing about lug nut sizing, I'm sure they're not one size fits all, I have OEM EX 13 wheels .... is that muteki thing I saw earlier in the thread good quality? I'm thinking blue to go with my DBP paint.
Get steel lug nuts.not aluminum.you never want aluminum lug nuts regardless of grade of aluminum.
Aluminum wheels are one thing but aluminum lug nuts are a no no.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Get steel lug nuts.not aluminum.you never want aluminum lug nuts regardless of grade of aluminum.
Aluminum wheels are one thing but aluminum lug nuts are a no no.

So where would you say the best place for shopping for steel, colored lug nuts would be? What "size" specs should I be looking for? I am clueless when it comes to this.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts