9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
If they are stock wheels you will need ball seat lug nuts.There also adapters to use tuner acorn lug nuts if you like.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: ciscokid

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
Exactly! However, when I input my vehicle specs, it says it isn't compatible with my Civic. Unless the compatibility engine is incorrect. Should I be looking for 12x1.5 when I shop for nuts?

Edit: Its only updated through 2012 vehicles, but will the sizing difference matter from a 12 to a 13?
I just listed those as color reference but the size is the same.
Hasn't changed
That's just one style of lock nuts.
There are also spline drive,hex,keyed,etc

·
Registered
729 Posts
If this has been said already, disregard, but make sure of the type of lug nut seat is on the RFP1's. I didn't see it on the Enkie site. After market rims usually have a tapered or acorn seat, while oem Honda and Acura Enkies have a ball-radius seat. Taper and acorn lugs won't work with ball-radius seat. And only consider steel for lug nuts. Aluminum = danger IMO.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thanks for the info, everyone. I certainly have some research to do, this is very much a foreign language - albeit an interesting one!!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Reactions: ciscokid

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
I know with open end it sometimes cause corrosion.. but... I like the look on open end better just keep them clean.

I agree. I had a set of Project Kics R40 Neochrome open end extended and it started to rust in the hole.

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
Plain and simple anyone wanting aftermarket get steel lug nuts and if they're extended get closed end.
Regardless of brand they all come from the same Asian factory.just a different label.
That's why they all look identical.most have knurled ends or smooth or whatever.they're all the same just different sticker and price.if it's steel its steel if it's aluminum well you shouldn't get aluminum anyways.You should never use an impact gun to tighten them either.Regardless of what they're made of .

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Plain and simple anyone wanting aftermarket get steel lug nuts and if they're extended get closed end.
Regardless of brand they all come from the same Asian factory.just a different label.
That's why they all look identical.most have knurled ends or smooth or whatever.they're all the same just different sticker and price.if it's steel its steel if it's aluminum well you shouldn't get aluminum anyways.You should never use an impact gun to tighten them either.Regardless of what they're made of .

I know using an impact to tighten them are bad, but what exactly are the consequences of doing so? I never knew.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 51 Posts