9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
Would you be able to take a picture of your wheel for me? Also, does 48mm mean they are extended? What is the general length considered when going from normal size to extended?
Yes I'd say 48mm can be called extended. Normal length is around 32mm I think the OEM are a little shorter than that.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yes I'd say 48mm can be called extended. Normal length is around 32mm I think the OEM are a little shorter than that.
Awesome. Yeah, I'm going to have to wait, I think alot of the recommendations in here are individuals who don't have stock wheels anymore. The link the MrK24 provided has a giant disclaimer that says not to use it with factory wheels. Yesterday, before I went to discount tire, I educated myself on the different lug nuts and I guess at this point only Honda/Acura make factory wheels with ball seat nuts. The guy there went on Gorilla something ... largest provider in the US I guess - and they didn't have any colored ball seat lug nuts. So then he was trying to get me to purchase a new set of wheels ..... errr, no, thanks.

So all of these other brands that I keep seeing like muteki, etc - are they only for use on aftermarket wheels?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Would you be able to take a picture of your wheel for me? Also, does 48mm mean they are extended? What is the general length considered when going from normal size to extended?
Here are pics of the lugs! Sorry for taking so long man. But I believe you can't use these lugs on stock wheels, they're only for aftermarket use. It was printed on the package as well. If I can find it, I'll snap a pic of it for you too lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

Reactions: ciscokid

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
Awesome. Yeah, I'm going to have to wait, I think alot of the recommendations in here are individuals who don't have stock wheels anymore. The link the MrK24 provided has a giant disclaimer that says not to use it with factory wheels. Yesterday, before I went to discount tire, I educated myself on the different lug nuts and I guess at this point only Honda/Acura make factory wheels with ball seat nuts. The guy there went on Gorilla something ... largest provider in the US I guess - and they didn't have any colored ball seat lug nuts. So then he was trying to get me to purchase a new set of wheels ..... errr, no, thanks.

So all of these other brands that I keep seeing like muteki, etc - are they only for use on aftermarket wheels?
Most aftermarket lug nuts are for aftermarket rims although you can buy adaptors to use aftermarket lugs on stock rims.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Most aftermarket lug nuts are for aftermarket rims although you can buy adaptors to use aftermarket lugs on stock rims.
Yeah, I'm beginning to figure that out. Are adapters worth the hassle, tho?

Effbee, I didn't quite understand your post - I can use them on stock, but not alloy wheels? Or not aluminum nuts? Cos funny story, after getting it into my head that aluminum nuts = bad, the guy at discount tire was all, "here, buy these aluminum nuts" and I looked at him sideways. Guy kept trying to explain to me the difference and I was all "JESUS! I have breasts, but I understand! I did research, dammit!"

Boyfriend suggested I just paint them and strip them when I want to resell. Thoughts?

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
Ok as far as aftermarket lug nuts ,avoid aluminum period.
You can use aftermarket lug nuts on steel wheels.If you have the EX alloys ,you can't use aftermarket extended lug nuts.unless A they are ball seat,or B ball seat bushings.avoid painting as they'll chip every time you dismount the wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any recommended lug nuts for the cosmis racing XT206-R?

brands? seller said any conical lug nuts... but what brand? just looking for black and non rust

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been reading all kinds of reviews for different brands of lugs and each seem to have their own pros and cons. Anybody with aftermarket lugs got any good suggestions? Alotta lugs seem to be made with Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin aluminum...is that strong enough to hold?!

I'm looking into getting some Zerg Industries lugs, reviews on them are bad and good as well. I'll pay a decent price for some good lugs but I'm not down to drop a couple hundred on them. Any suggestions would be nice!

When he came out the next morning, all of his volk ray lugnuts were taken off but they couldn't take his BullLock lock nuts.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts