9th Gen Civic Forum banner

What lug nuts are best?

48K views 50 replies 14 participants last post by  jabin.leveon 
#1 ·
I've been reading all kinds of reviews for different brands of lugs and each seem to have their own pros and cons. Anybody with aftermarket lugs got any good suggestions? Alotta lugs seem to be made with aluminum...is that strong enough to hold?!

I'm looking into getting some Zerg Industries lugs, reviews on them are bad and good as well. I'll pay a decent price for some good lugs but I'm not down to drop a couple hundred on them. Any suggestions would be nice!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
What brands do steel lugs? Rays, Project Kics, Project Mu, Works? Those are outta my price range :(

#5 · (Edited)
Ahh okay cool. Mutekis were what I was looking at getting cause the reviews are really good for them. They're for RPF1's 17x8 +35

#7 ·
They look really nice. I'll look into buddy clubs. The muteki was right around my range and I found em on Evasive. Seems legit lol

#9 ·
I'm going for the longer open ended ones. I'm kinda at war against getting the neo chrome or the burning blue neon lol

#11 ·
Whoa...those are shiny as hell! Hahah. The RPF1's I bought are already coated Teal. So I'll have to somehow make it flow xP

Attachments

#12 ·
muteki's are good for the price. but make sure u get some locks nuts too.

#13 ·
Yeah. That's what I plan to do. Sucks I have to get the locking nuts separate. But I live in asmall hick town and no one steals. So I'll be okay for a bit.

#14 ·
a buddie of mine went to San Francisco to visit his family and stayed overnight. He had Volk Rays lugnuts and BullLock lock nuts. When he came out the next morning, all of his volk ray lugnuts were taken off but they couldn't take his BullLock lock nuts. He took pictures and we laughed because Volk Rays lugnuts are over rated...but i still like them too.

#15 ·
Damn forreal?! Haha very nice. Hella lucky too!! Why are Rays lugs overrated?:p aren't they good? Or just ridiculous price? Lol

#18 ·
So, just found this thread, I'm looking into getting colored lug nuts. But then this thread also raised the question of lock nuts. Which may be smart, although I'm not sure I live anyplace where people would attempt that. I know nothing about lug nut sizing, I'm sure they're not one size fits all, I have OEM EX 13 wheels .... is that muteki thing I saw earlier in the thread good quality? I'm thinking blue to go with my DBP paint.

#22 ·
#23 ·
If they are stock wheels you will need ball seat lug nuts.There also adapters to use tuner acorn lug nuts if you like.

Reactions: ciscokid
#28 ·
If this has been said already, disregard, but make sure of the type of lug nut seat is on the RFP1's. I didn't see it on the Enkie site. After market rims usually have a tapered or acorn seat, while oem Honda and Acura Enkies have a ball-radius seat. Taper and acorn lugs won't work with ball-radius seat. And only consider steel for lug nuts. Aluminum = danger IMO.

#36 ·
I know with open end it sometimes cause corrosion.. but... I like the look on open end better just keep them clean.

I agree. I had a set of Project Kics R40 Neochrome open end extended and it started to rust in the hole.

#37 ·
Plain and simple anyone wanting aftermarket get steel lug nuts and if they're extended get closed end.
Regardless of brand they all come from the same Asian factory.just a different label.
That's why they all look identical.most have knurled ends or smooth or whatever.they're all the same just different sticker and price.if it's steel its steel if it's aluminum well you shouldn't get aluminum anyways.You should never use an impact gun to tighten them either.Regardless of what they're made of .

#38 ·
I know using an impact to tighten them are bad, but what exactly are the consequences of doing so? I never knew.

#40 ·
Thank you, that was really helpful. I actually didn't know about that criss cross pattern when bolting it up

#51 · (Edited)
I've been reading all kinds of reviews for different brands of lugs and each seem to have their own pros and cons. Anybody with aftermarket lugs got any good suggestions? Alotta lugs seem to be made with Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin aluminum...is that strong enough to hold?!

I'm looking into getting some Zerg Industries lugs, reviews on them are bad and good as well. I'll pay a decent price for some good lugs but I'm not down to drop a couple hundred on them. Any suggestions would be nice!

When he came out the next morning, all of his volk ray lugnuts were taken off but they couldn't take his BullLock lock nuts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.