9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,461 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen.

What are your goals? Cosmetics? Handling? Engine performance?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I would lower the car on coilovers if you're looking for looks; but this will give you performance too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which r good coil
I would lower the car on coilovers if you're looking for looks; but this will give you performance too.
[/QUOTEe
which are good coilovers? Money isn’t rlybad for me so where Nd who can install them. I live in ct!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Really depends on your budget. If you're looking under or close to 1k, then you can get Godspeed, D2, Tein. I presonally have Godspeed monomaxxx and they've been great so far. over 5k miles on them. They do have a higher spring rate tho 10kF 15kR iirc.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wat do you mean by higher spring rate? Nd don’t the coilovers usually cost around that price?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Wat do you mean by higher spring rate? Nd don’t the coilovers usually cost around that price?
higher the spring rate, the more force (weight) is needed to compress the spring which usually means firmer ride.

there are coilovers well into the 2k+ mark.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok well I looked at the Godspeed one Nd it’s 840 but I live in ct Nd idk where to get it installed at?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ok well I looked at the Godspeed one Nd it’s 840 but I live in ct Nd idk where to get it installed at?
my recommendation to you is do alot of research. You need to research what parts are good for what YOU'RE looking for; just don't go by what one person recommends. There are numerous videos on youtube with coilover reviews, parts reviews, and even what parts to start off with.

Also, I would google search performance shop near your area.

Reactions: AndyMac204

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I appreciate a lot Nd I will do my research before I purchase anything so far I want the invidia n1 for my. Exhaust but idk about anything else I need to tint my windows I’m putting a lip kit Nd side skirts on it but idk wat for coil overs or intake but any suggestions r good Nd I can research them. I also did find a performance shop around my area

·
Registered
10 Posts
As an owner of a 15' si I will always recommend high performance summer tires as your first mod. It makes a huge difference in handling compared to the stock oem all seasons. A rear sway bar upgrade would also help with handling.

As for exhaust, dont expect much power gains it's mostly a sound mod. The n1 exhaust is among the loudest exhaust for the car. The q300 is among the quietest.

For power I would recommend a downpipe and custom dyno tune. With both you should dyno between 190-200 whp. Maybe more depending on the diameter and if its catless.
SRI are a bad idea in general since it tends to suck in heat. CAI are the way to go for intake, 3.5 inch diameter in order to surpass the stock intake in power. Most CAI are worst thank stock in terms of power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I appreciate a lot Nd I will do my research before I purchase anything so far I want the invidia n1 for my. Exhaust but idk about anything else I need to tint my windows I’m putting a lip kit Nd side skirts on it but idk wat for coil overs or intake but any suggestions r good Nd I can research them. I also did find a performance shop around my area
If your looking for actual power gains a tune will be needed. Theres a few tuning divices such as Hondata($700) that you can take to your tuner to get the most out pf your mods.

Short ram and cold air intakes with both get power gains but in the summer, you will get consistent power gains with a cold air intakes. The best ive seen is by Acuity. They have several great parts. Good luck on your search. Also I love the sound of the Full Race exhaust.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We had three different exhaust systems on our 2015 Si. My wife and I both preferred the Full Race exhaust, later adding a high-flow cat 3" downpipe as well.

Awesome sound and after a Hondata tune, around 25 extra HP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have hondata, fullrace cat back and truhart coilovers with a 2" drop. I've had both through two buffalo, new York winters with no problems at all. Summer tires and winter tires are a must.

·
Registered
293 Posts
hondata w/tuning.
hi-flo downpipe.
lightweight wheels are always fun too.

read the forums, watch some youtube, facebook etc to see what combos have worked for others. have fun with it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If your looking for actual power gains a tune will be needed. Theres a few tuning divices such as Hondata($700) that you can take to your tuner to get the most out pf your mods.

Short ram and cold air intakes with both get power gains but in the summer, you will get consistent power gains with a cold air intakes. The best ive seen is by Acuity. They have several great parts. Good luck on your search. Also I love the sound of the Full Race exhaust.
I heard the cold air intakes can seize your engine if you live in cold weather. I live in ct so I’m not sure if I want to get a cold air intake. I’ve been told to go SRI instead cuz of my climate changes in ct

1 - 20 of 25 Posts