9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I heard the cold air intakes can seize your engine if you live in cold weather. I live in ct so I’m not sure if I want to get a cold air intake. I’ve been told to go SRI instead cuz of my climate changes in ct
I think you been misinformed.......... people discourage CAI because the motor has a chance to hydrolock because the intake may suck in water.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think you been misinformed.......... people discourage CAI because the motor has a chance to hydrolock because the intake may suck in water.
That’s the thing I don’t want that chance to even happen. Since I live in ct I’m worried since the weather can b crazy especially at this time with winter being here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
As an owner of a 15' si I will always recommend high performance summer tires as your first mod. It makes a huge difference in handling compared to the stock oem all seasons. A rear sway bar upgrade would also help with handling.

As for exhaust, dont expect much power gains it's mostly a sound mod. The n1 exhaust is among the loudest exhaust for the car. The q300 is among the quietest.

For power I would recommend a downpipe and custom dyno tune. With both you should dyno between 190-200 whp. Maybe more depending on the diameter and if its catless.
SRI are a bad idea in general since it tends to suck in heat. CAI are the way to go for intake, 3.5 inch diameter in order to surpass the stock intake in power. Most CAI are worst thank stock in terms of power.
We also have a 2015 Si and concur wholeheartedly with your assessment. Add Hondata for tuning and you almost built our car. When we did the down pipe, we did the exhaust, too. The delicious sound was worth it. LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unless
That’s the thing I don’t want that chance to even happen. Since I live in ct I’m worried since the weather can b crazy especially at this time with winter being here.
Unless you drive in 2-feet of water, I wouldn't worry about it. If you somehow managed to completely submerge it, it would just choke the engine out. If you get to that point, you have more important things to worry about, like not drowning in the flash flood that's floating you down the boulevard.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts