9th Gen Civic Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
14,270 Posts
As a side note, it's a good thing I got the 4 wheel alignment. It was fairly off front and back. :)
I use to do an alignment every year and even after a year the specs were always off although now I've been slacking on that front but I also got an alignment in the summer when I got new tires.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Too many bad roads, I'm guessing. Not sure how it is in your area, but where I live can be a bit sketch at time.

Anyway, thanks again for the advice and comments. :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
One final thing. After work, this evening, I thought, "what the heck, I'm gonna check my tire pressure." Three of four tires were 42 or higher!! You'd think that a company who replaces tires everyday would know to look on the plaque to see what the required pressure is for my car [32PSI]. :cautious:

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,691 Posts
One final thing. After work, this evening, I thought, "what the heck, I'm gonna check my tire pressure." Three of four tires were 42 or higher!! You'd think that a company who replaces tires everyday would know to look on the plaque to see what the required pressure is for my car [32PSI]. :cautious:
Trust no one.

When I had my (directional) PA31s installed, the genius at the shop put them all on backwards.

The ride home felt a little squirrely, so I checked them when I got home, and of course took them all off and put them on the proper sides of the car.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,270 Posts
Pretty much every time I've had tires installed they were always over inflated . They just use a machine to inflate the tires and never adjust them I always check the tires when I leave the shop and adjust pressure accordingly myself. Make sure you check pressure when tires are cold.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Yikes, scottyrocks!!!

kev, I checked my PSI after work, before driving it, so they were cold. But silly me,.....I just assumed a tire store would understand the required PSI for a specific vehicle.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts