9th Gen Civic Forum banner

241 - 253 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Google pixel. Really fun phone to use

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Are you on Project Fi or Verizon? Project Fi has been great with my Nexus 5x. Looking forward to the Pixel coming down in price once the Pixel 2 comes out. Of course I'm hoping that my Nexus lasts forever because I don't want to spend money if I don't have to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Are you on Project Fi or Verizon? Project Fi has been great with my Nexus 5x. Looking forward to the Pixel coming down in price once the Pixel 2 comes out. Of course I'm hoping that my Nexus lasts forever because I don't want to spend money if I don't have to.
I'm on Verizon because of their Black Friday special. It was a tough choice between them and t mobile. Project fi looked like a great choice but they weren't gonna have it in a reasonable time when I was shopping for one. That's cool to hear fi is good, a I might get that someday. It's been great coverage wise or what else? Are they still giving updates to Nexus 5?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I'm on Verizon because of their Black Friday special. It was a tough choice between them and t mobile. Project fi looked like a great choice but they weren't gonna have it in a reasonable time when I was shopping for one. That's cool to hear fi is good, a I might get that someday. It's been great coverage wise or what else? Are they still giving updates to Nexus 5?

Coverage at first was a bit spotty but then I did call logs for them and sent them into their engineers and things started to get better. I Was only having issues where I work, never anywhere else (I don't live in or near big city). At home and at work I do have Wifi though so I can always just make Wifi calls/texts. My average bill each month with Fi has been about $24.50 as I'm rarely using 4G :)

I have still been getting updates for my 5x every month through Google. I think they are planning to stop official support for the 5x and 6p this upcoming September. I think that I'll still be able to manually update through Googles Beta program if I want to though. I am considering a Pixel for my next phone whenever my Nexus dies. In October Google should release the Pixel 2, so hopefully the original Pixel will get a nice price drop.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
We keep an old Nexus 5 as a spare phone in case one of our phones gets lost and I think Google stopped giving it updates. I think it stopped around 6.0 or there abouts. The Nexus 5 is still a good phone considering it's age only battery life suck's bad.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
My Nexus 6 I'm still getting updates but heard that Google may stop updating it which suck's cause I like the phone and the size and don't really want to spend money on another phone.

I have still been getting updates for my 5x every month through Google. I think they are planning to stop official support for the 5x and 6p this upcoming September. I think that I'll still be able to manually update through Googles Beta program if I want to though. I am considering a Pixel for my next phone whenever my Nexus dies. In October Google should release the Pixel 2, so hopefully the original Pixel will get a nice price drop.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Had a Nexus 5 a long time but i dropped it and broke the screen and the back cover won't stay popped in so i changed it for a Galaxy S8 that i love even more now that i disabled Bixby.

Marko!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Upgraded from LG V20 to a Samsung Galaxy 10+.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,206 Posts
My early 3G Note 4 became obsolete a few months ago so I replaced it with an LG Stylo 4.

It does just about everything I want it to do, some things better/easier than the Samsungs (S5 and Note 4) I had, and some things a little less convenient. I wish I could turn off the auto-correct for texting.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Ive got an iphone xr these days. Had it for a few months now and is my first iphone. Last phone was a lg stylo the first one they came out with and what a POS it was lol

241 - 253 of 253 Posts