9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not have a garage, and park at work in a high theft lot.

So far I use a club, stock alarm, and pull the fuel pump fuse. (pain) I plan on installing an in-line fuel pump kill switch.

What are you all using/ doing?

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Nothing. I lock it up at night. If I'm home, I'll sometimes leave the windows down, but make sure it's buttoned up at night. If somebody wants it, they'll get it regardless of what I do to try to prevent it.

Reactions: rnps2

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
State Farm Insurance. With the little they depreciate and my deductible, I hope somebody gets it tonight and it's never found...

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is my old car. i wasn't home while they got it.

i use the stock security, it's now in a garage every night

and a 9mm
In La/Orange county Cali, they stole my Tacoma's spare wheel at least once a year. They will use these wheels to drive off striped down stolen vehicles.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I always lock my doors and never, ever, leave anything (and I mean anything) visible in the car.Car theft is a crime of opportunity. If the doors are locked and no items of value are visible, chances are a would be thief will pass your car up for an easier target.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Sig .40 cal and a large German Shepherd around the house.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
People still steal newer Civics? I remember 1999-2000 being real bad for years for Civic theft but haven't heard too much more with 8th gen cars being targeted. Can somebody help me out on this one?

·
Registered
385 Posts
People still steal newer Civics? I remember 1999-2000 being real bad for years for Civic theft but haven't heard too much more with 8th gen cars being targeted. Can somebody help me out on this one?
The '99 Civic Si is still rated by insurers here as the most stolen car. And I can see how the new Si and certainly the HFP would be a huge target because it's a limited edition run with a lot of very cool upgrades.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
And for over 12 years now the .40 cal and the dog have kept my '00 Civic Si safe and still in the driveway.

·
Registered
93 Posts
A run of the mil basic thief will NOT go after steeling your civic, if he sees something he likes that you left behind he may break your window and take it but they wont steal your car its impossible to turn on without the transponder in your key, take it apart and insert the key without the chip and you will see itl turn but the car will not start, now if ur talking about an expert thief with professional car jacking experience believe me our new civics are the last cars on their list they are after classic expensive cars or new exotic ones

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Kinda what I thought, just curious. '99-'00 there were fewer sports cars and the Si was the epitome of awesome (still is considered best Si by many) but with the STi, 370Z, Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, MS3, etc. the Civic just isn't up there anymore, especially in the rural suburbs - maybe...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Insurance.... Had my 1988 Police Caprice hotrod stolen.. State farm gave me more than I ever couldve think of selling the car for... if theives want my CIVIC.. let em take it... Honda will just build another one identical to it 5 minutes later...
-Christopher

·
Registered
116 Posts
I park in a neighborhood with much nicer cars and hope I'm last on the list. Plus two killer mini-doxies.

·
Registered
128 Posts
A run of the mil basic thief will NOT go after steeling your civic, if he sees something he likes that you left behind he may break your window and take it but they wont steal your car its impossible to turn on without the transponder in your key, take it apart and insert the key without the chip and you will see itl turn but the car will not start, now if ur talking about an expert thief with professional car jacking experience believe me our new civics are the last cars on their list they are after classic expensive cars or new exotic ones

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Meh, had some people try to steal my 92' Mercedes E class a few years ago, had nothing in the car and they had a very thought out plan and went out of their way to try and steal it (as told by someone who lives across the street from jacking-attempt )

·
Registered
249 Posts
if the body panels change on the 2013 no one with a 2012 should ever have to worry about them being stolen by pros.. often pros steal cars and strip em for the black market of selling the body panels, rims, computers, and other expensive parts.. a car with a High-cost of repair and with lots on the road is a big target as another post pointed out, rare special cars.... if the 2012 is truly a 1 year body there will be no black market for body parts therefore less likelihood the cars themselves are stolen... of course theres always going to be smash N grab vandals.. thats just a fact..
-Christopher

·
Registered
302 Posts
2 Dobermanns and a Mastiff. .38, mossberg and my wife.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts