9th Gen Civic Forum banner

What spark plugs yall boosted bois running?

291 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  15WhiteSi
Before going turbo, I bought some NGK 1422 ILKR8E6 plugs & they just gave out on me after 20k miles. Mechanic said to replace them as they were no good anymore. I went with some
NGK 93175 LKR7DIX-11S plugs this time around. I’m wondering if these will be decent for my setup, I’m currently running 10lbs of boost
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
I don't know where you got those NGK's from, but they could have been counterfeit. Lot of that going around from Amazon, Ebay, etc.

I haven't seen legit ones have issues unless the tune was bad or the owner was intentionally running a "crackle" tune. Mine handled the boost fine for at least 50,000 miles.
Reactions: 3
I’m running NGK 1422 (ILKR8E6). CT-E s/c running 3.15 blower pulley, aftercooler, about 10 psi boost
  • Helpful
Reactions: 2
NGK 1422 Laser Iridium with Mercracing 1900 air to water. Pretty sure it hits 13-14psi.
  • Helpful
Reactions: 1
NGK 1422 ILKR8E6
I bought mine from Advance Auto. Has over 60K miles on them 8psi at manifold, still in great condition when I checked on them the other week.
  • Helpful
Reactions: 2
I don't know where you got those NGK's from, but they could have been counterfeit. Lot of that going around from Amazon, Ebay, etc.

I haven't seen legit ones have issues unless the tune was bad or the owner was intentionally running a "crackle" tune. Mine handled the boost fine for at least 50,000 miles.
Yea I watched a video comparing the real ones & counterfeit & it seems like the ones I bought were real. I was driving pretty hard w/ them on
I’m running NGK 1422 (ILKR8E6). CT-E s/c running 3.15 blower pulley, aftercooler, about 10 psi boost
Have you gapped the plugs ?
NGK 1422 ILKR8E6
I bought mine from Advance Auto. Has over 60K miles on them 8psi at manifold, still in great condition when I checked on them the other week.
Yes the gap was way too high out of the box, so I adjusted the gap to what my tuner recommended based on my boost and setup - 0.028" to 0.032". They come out of the box gapped at 1.1 mm (0.044")
Reactions: 1
NGK 1422 ILKR8E6
& have you gapped them ?
Why would I gap them? They come at 0.024" pre gapped.

I did check the gap at 60K, the gap is still perfect.
Before going turbo, I bought some NGK 1422 ILKR8E6 plugs & they just gave out on me after 20k miles. Mechanic said to replace them as they were no good anymore. I went with some
NGK 93175 LKR7DIX-11S plugs this time around. I’m wondering if these will be decent for my setup, I’m currently running 10lbs of boost
I personally run NGK 2669 (k20 head).
1 - 12 of 12 Posts