9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Disclaimer: I understand there are sub-forums to address some topics/questions here, but I figured it best to hash it all out in one general thread instead of dropping a bunch of threads in different places on you guys (and then having to monitor those threads myself). Hope that's ok with you guys!

Just bought a brand new 2015 Civic LX Coupe this week. I'm itching to mod a little bit, and I wanted your opinions on some things.

1. I think I'm going to debadge the Civic decal. I think it will make for a more symmetrical/custom look. Not because I'm a Blood, lol. Your thoughts? Any tips?
  2. I've been talking to my customs guy. He mentioned maybe lowering it a little/stiffening the suspension to give it a more aggressive feel. Thoughts?
  3. I need a bit more kick in the trunk. I was thinking maybe just going with 1 10". I'm not going to change the receiver or cabin speakers, so I'm just thinking one sub and a little amp. Is 10" good or should I maybe go 12"? I'm worried the 12" would drown out the rest of the audio since I'm not going to modify that any further. I listen to literally any kind of music you can think of, so don't ask what genre I prefer, because I can't answer that question. On another note, given the plastic trunk mat, are there issues with subs sliding around? Because I know everything I've had in there so far has been sliding around.
  4. How the hell do you change the display background? I have the HondaLink app on my Android phone, and was under the impression I could find backgrounds through that app, but best I can tell it's a crappy app that essentially just links you to the owner's manual online.
  5. I love the red display theme on the Si, but obviously didn't go with an Si to save a little bit of money. Is there anyway I can change my display theme to red? I know I can get the radio/clock display red, but I'm talking about everything else (near the speedometer, tachometer, etc.) I like having the clock red and all, but the fact it doesn't match the blue elsewhere is too much for my OCD to handle, so I've left it blue (and will be bummed if that's my only option).
  6. Would it be cheesy/stupid to add some red accents? Just here and there? Maybe some red lighting underneath? Any suggestions if you guys don't think that's lame as hell?
  7. Last, but not least... This is WAY out there. And my customs guy kind of chuckled at me when I mentioned it. Is there a way to remove the back seat and essentially just have the back be an empty space, of sorts? My theory is this would reduce weight and clean up the interior of a coupe. I don't have kids, never will. I don't have a use for a backseat, which is why I went coupe. Had a sedan as my first car and grew to hate the idea of having 4 doors/back seat. If they would have designed the coupe to be like a BMW Z4/Viper/similar tiny vehicle where it's literally just 2 seats backed right up to the trunk, I would have loved it. But alas, they tried to pretend a coupe needs a back seat. Any way I can get closer to that no backseat look/feel?

Thanks so much for your input, guys. I'm super amped about this new car, and I'm thinking I'm Team Honda for life now. Happy driving, guys!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,489 Posts
Disclaimer: I understand there are sub-forums to address some topics/questions here, but I figured it best to hash it all out in one general thread instead of dropping a bunch of threads in different places on you guys (and then having to monitor those threads myself). Hope that's ok with you guys!

Just bought a brand new 2015 Civic LX Coupe this week. I'm itching to mod a little bit, and I wanted your opinions on some things.

1. I think I'm going to debadge the Civic decal. I think it will make for a more symmetrical/custom look. Not because I'm a Blood, lol. Your thoughts? Any tips?
  2. I've been talking to my customs guy. He mentioned maybe lowering it a little/stiffening the suspension to give it a more aggressive feel. Thoughts?
  3. I need a bit more kick in the trunk. I was thinking maybe just going with 1 10". I'm not going to change the receiver or cabin speakers, so I'm just thinking one sub and a little amp. Is 10" good or should I maybe go 12"? I'm worried the 12" would drown out the rest of the audio since I'm not going to modify that any further. I listen to literally any kind of music you can think of, so don't ask what genre I prefer, because I can't answer that question. On another note, given the plastic trunk mat, are there issues with subs sliding around? Because I know everything I've had in there so far has been sliding around.
  4. How the hell do you change the display background? I have the HondaLink app on my Android phone, and was under the impression I could find backgrounds through that app, but best I can tell it's a crappy app that essentially just links you to the owner's manual online.
  5. I love the red display theme on the Si, but obviously didn't go with an Si to save a little bit of money. Is there anyway I can change my display theme to red? I know I can get the radio/clock display red, but I'm talking about everything else (near the speedometer, tachometer, etc.) I like having the clock red and all, but the fact it doesn't match the blue elsewhere is too much for my OCD to handle, so I've left it blue (and will be bummed if that's my only option).
  6. Would it be cheesy/stupid to add some red accents? Just here and there? Maybe some red lighting underneath? Any suggestions if you guys don't think that's lame as hell?
  7. Last, but not least... This is WAY out there. And my customs guy kind of chuckled at me when I mentioned it. Is there a way to remove the back seat and essentially just have the back be an empty space, of sorts? My theory is this would reduce weight and clean up the interior of a coupe. I don't have kids, never will. I don't have a use for a backseat, which is why I went coupe. Had a sedan as my first car and grew to hate the idea of having 4 doors/back seat. If they would have designed the coupe to be like a BMW Z4/Viper/similar tiny vehicle where it's literally just 2 seats backed right up to the trunk, I would have loved it. But alas, they tried to pretend a coupe needs a back seat. Any way I can get closer to that no backseat look/feel?

Thanks so much for your input, guys. I'm super amped about this new car, and I'm thinking I'm Team Honda for life now. Happy driving, guys!
Welcome to 9th gen, Ace.

Keep in mind that most of what I, and others, will offer in response to your questions are opinions, and should be treated as such.

1. I don't care for debadging. Others may call it clean but I think it makes the car look incomplete.

2. Lowering springs is the single best improvement to the looks of most cars. Stiffer springs will indeed stiffen up the car. The height and stiffness you choose is subjective and up to you.

5. Only the imid panel's color is changeable on the LX. I think there are 4 choices. I leave mine blue because it matches the rest of it.

6. I'm not a big fan of red, even for small accents. If I was doing any of that to my LX, I would go with body color or something complementary but subtle.

My '12 LX was Cool Mist Metallic (CMM) which is sort of an ice blue/silver. I would have used a royal to medium/dark blue for accents on that car.

Some folks here have put red accents on non-Sis, usually the subtler, the better.

7. I was exploring back seat removal a couple of years ago, and one member was kind enough to send me the diagrams on how to do it. I don't have access to my external hard drives right now, but when I do I will send you the files.

·
Registered
461 Posts
hey congrats on the purchase man and in response to some of your questions

1) Im against debadging as well because I agree with scotty that the badging just makes the car seem complete. My '01 civic that I bought used only had a honda badge it didnt have the civic badge and it seemed like it was always missing something.

2) I'd say lowering the civic especially for the coupe would give it a more aggressive stance as long as you don't over do it and completely slam it.

4) As far as I know the hondalink app is only useful for the SE and up trims since those are the civics that have the hondalink infotainment system. I believe that on the LX the only way you can add a custom background on the I-MID display is to connect a USB drive to the USB port that has the background you want loaded onto it.

5) only the I-MID can change color tachometer, speedometer and all that good stuff stays blue.

6) I'd say the red accents would look good or bad depending on the color your car is...if you got a black coupe then maybe....any other color and it may end up looking lame and out of place.

but again these are just my thoughts.

Reactions: scottyrocks

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,489 Posts
4) As far as I know the hondalink app is only useful for the SE and up trims since those are the civics that have the hondalink infotainment system. I believe that on the LX the only way you can add a custom background on the I-MID display is to connect a USB drive to the USB port that has the background you want loaded onto it.
Yes, this is correct.

I size my pictures properly on my computer so they fill the entire available area of the imid screen. The aspect ratio is about 11x6.

The maximum the imid allows for pictures is like 1920 x whatever, but that takes a long time to load. I size my pictures down to about 500 x whatever, and they look just as good on the small screen. Smaller looks good, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts