9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
So what are folks doing with the 3 dash knockouts on the left side of the steering wheel? I just hate knockouts argghhhhh.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll probably get an interior LED setup there, but a cheaper version than the ambient kit, and not sure what else to put there

·
Registered
249 Posts
So if you get the ambient light kit from Honda, they put the knob there? What about the fogs from Honda? Do they put the fog button there as well?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Put a ejection button there

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
College Hills Honda has some great YouTube videos showing these accessories and the installation of these accessories.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Yes those 2 extra are used for ambient lighting and fog lights.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
The knockout isn't designated for anything particular. Most newer cars always have an extra knockout for misc. so you can always order a switch from honda and hook something up yourself.

Fogs switch is on the head light toggle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Button blanks to left of driver

I have been searching the forum, but can't find what I'm looking for...
I have an Si coupe. There are three button blanks above the coin tray to the left of the driver. I'd love to use those spaces for the following:
- garage door opener
- mount the remote mute/indicator for my radar detector (someone did this, but didnt say how they made it look so good)

Im trying to find info about either modding the blank covers to add a button, or order one of the factory push buttons used for other purposes so I can just pop it in place and wire it to my garage transmitter.

Ideas?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
The only OEM button they have for sale alone is the ambient/light switch. I've tried really hard finding the harness or plug for it but its either $60+ for one or they dont sell it alone.... I ended up soldering each pin and heat shrinking each one.

For my EX, I used one for VSA (we have econ buttons where the SI VSA is located), one lighting switch, and one alarm LED.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The part number seems to apply to both a "honda" and an "acura" part. The only difference I can see is about $2 on the sites I found :) However, when looking at the acura page, I see they have a switch "35300-TK4-A11Z - SWITCH ASSY., VSA OFF *NH167L* (GRAPHITE BLACK)". It's cheap enough to try! I have a call in to my local dealer to see if they can do better in pricing as shipping on little parts looks to be a killer. Will let you all know what I end up with.

This is the site that I found the parts at:
2012 Acura TL|SWITCH

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Lol depending on who you know and tax in your are this is the pricing at all dealerships for the switches.

Part#77755-SNA-U00ZA [Blank Lid] 7-9$
Part#35300TA0-J01 [VSA OFF] 5-7$
Part#08E10-TA0-1M035 [Light Swc] 11-13$

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Honda likes to do this in general :)

Often used for sunroof, TCS, ambient lighting, fog lights, and several other things. My accord was filled with all three. Now my civic only has the ambient light one :p

1 - 20 of 48 Posts