9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sometime this year, I think I'm going to get that changed out. Already bought a FX350, Sirimoto N1 kit, Honda transmission fluid and the two gaskets/seals. I did go to Honda and checked to see if they had the rear main seal. They didn't but I got the part number. Then I started looking at some exploded diagrams and saw some parts that made sense to change. I wanted to make a list of things to get, but not sure what's exactly needed. Here's what I figured out/have already (* means I have them):

1. FX350*
  2. Sirimoto N1 Kit*
  3. MTF and 2 seals*
  4. Axle seals: Found one for the driver side, but not the passenger. Are the same? (91205-PL3-B01 Drivers side, 91216-PG1-005 Pass. Side)
  5. RMS (been told not to worry about, but changing it anyway while it's there) (91214-R11-A01)
  6. New bolts for flywheel (told it's fine to re-use them, but changing anyway) (90011-PNA-B00 x8)
  7. New bolts for pressure plate (told it's fine to re-use them, but changing anyway) (90034-P10-A01 x6)
  8. Pilot bushing (22103-PNA-003)
  9. Throw out bearing (kit came with one, but wondering if I should roll with OEM instead) Use the one supplied with kit
I tried googling, maybe I'm trash with it, but I haven't found much. Anybody know the part numbers for the axle seals? I've only found one that goes to it

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
447 Posts
Good question. I'm at the exact same spot and I'm of the same mentality. Why not exchange out for new while I'm in there. I've got the FX350 and the Slave/Master Cylinder kit. Just waiting until I burn up the stock one.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good question. I'm at the exact same spot and I'm of the same mentality. Why not exchange out for new while I'm in there. I've got the FX350 and the Slave/Master Cylinder kit. Just waiting until I burn up the stock one.
Mine started making some kind of squeaking noise from the throw out bearing, apparently it does that from what I've seen from multiple FB group posts. I believe the clutch is still good, so I'm just waiting till it needs to be changed out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Funny, I actually did this exact change last year (FX350 + N1 slave/master). I unfortunately can't help with the axle seals since I didn't change mine out, but iirc the clutch kit came with new pressure plate bolts. I'd grab an extra pilot bearing since they're super cheap and I managed to **** my first one up trying to get it to fit into the input shaft hole. Also use the throwout that came with the kit.
Did you get a new flywheel as well?
Good luck with the job man, you'll love it. Itll get rid of that nasty 1st gear squeal as well. Just, since it's a kevlar clutch disk make sure to follow the break in properly so it doesn't end up glazing over.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny, I actually did this exact change last year (FX350 + N1 slave/master). I unfortunately can't help with the axle seals since I didn't change mine out, but iirc the clutch kit came with new pressure plate bolts. I'd grab an extra pilot bearing since they're super cheap and I managed to **** my first one up trying to get it to fit into the input shaft hole. Also use the throwout that came with the kit.
Good luck with the job man, you'll love it. Itll get rid of that nasty 1st gear squeal as well. Just, since it's a kevlar clutch disk make sure to follow the break in properly so it doesn't end up glazing over.
I'm not doing it lol. I don't have time to do something like that, so I'm getting everything the shop will need for it. I'll use the TOB it came with then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not doing it lol. I don't have time to do something like that, so I'm getting everything the shop will need for it. I'll use the TOB it came with then.
Bet, probably don't need the extra pilot bearing then since it's someone that actually knows what they're doing and not my dumb ass. It's honestly a giant pita to do if you don't have a lift and took me and a buddy almost 2 full days to complete, so you're definitely saving yourself a major headache.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bet, probably don't need the extra pilot bearing then since it's someone that actually knows what they're doing and not my dumb ass. It's honestly a giant pita to do if you don't have a lift and took me and a buddy almost 2 full days to complete, so you're definitely saving yourself a major headache.
Lol, don't feel bad on that. I'm sure I've broken parts and needed to get extras, like I busted a tube of gray lube because I didn't poke the hole open for it to come out of the top. I thought I did but nope. I'll drop the money for someone else to do it. If I had like a 90's Civic, I'd try my hand at it. Oh, I forgot to answer your other question, but yeah I did get the steel flywheel with it, came in as a kit.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
447 Posts
Same here. 2 days, but we spent it on our backs unfortunately. I wish we had access to a lift!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Im currently sitting on competition clutch 1.5 with an 11 pound flywheel. Waiting till I actually need to do it since its going to be my dad and i doing it and i know its not a fun job lol

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
436 Posts
dude, your list looks tight.
i think you got this, but forgot 1 item (well 8).

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reactions: AndyMac204

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since I didn't ask the first time, how was it switching over to the N1 kit over stock?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts