9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You are the accord with the gt30r right? You should have posted in your other thread since it has all the info on the setup.

I would bet this is a tune issue. If you switched from rdx injectors to 750s you have to have the tune adjusted to start the car properly. Believe its called starting fuel or Cranking fuel trim

Datalog the issue and send to your tuner maybe?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yup, I'm the Accord with the GT3076R. If a mod sees this, would you please move this to my existing thread please?

The car was already running on a base map that accounted for the 1000cc injectors during the hard start. I have datalogged a cold start and has been sent to my tuner. So it is possible that the large injectors are flooding the car during start up?

Building off of what dpetro1 said; if you just swapped injectors and made no adjustments to your map then that certainly will cause you headaches.

The ECU needs to know their size and deadtimes before anything else.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yes, I would definitely see what the tuner says and see if they can get that sorted.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I haven't seen this said for along time, but you can read your spark plugs while your waiting for the tuner to respond. It may be a good ideal, as my tuner fouled my spark plugs and had to replace them trying to set idle on 1000cc Injectors.

Reactions: Hudouc

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I haven't seen this said for along time, but you can read your spark plugs while your waiting for the tuner to respond. It may be a good ideal, as my tuner fouled my spark plugs and had to replace them trying to set idle on 1000cc Injectors.
I'm sorry, but what do you mean by reading the spark plug? Like take em out and look at is visually?
What you said actually makes sense. The AFR today is closer to ideal, but fluctuated more. Yesterday it was a bit off, but was steady as a rock. I started the car about 6-7 times between yesterday's log and today's log, would that be enough to foul the plugs?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yes, it's taking them out and looking at them. I've read it is possible to have a very weak Injector and overcompensation on the remaining 3, while keeping a good AFR. There's a fuel injector brand that I was looking at, but seen complaints on injectors not all flowing the same, so there's a few reasons why it wouldn't hurt to do it.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The car is actually harder to start today. The car cranks but almost nothing happens. Only 1 out of 10-15 cranks will start the car at all. Also got a new battery today just to eliminate some variables.

Plugs looks fine to me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Fixed.
Decided to play with the tune myself. Lowered the ECT Fuel Cranking settings in Ktuner by 10 across the board. Car starts right up every time thus far.

Reactions: 9thgensifamily

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
New question:

So the tuning process is going pretty well after the last hiccup, but something that I'm noticing is that I have the WG setup for 10psi, but the car only hits 7psi max. I've already checked for leaks, the WG is not opening prematurely (I took a video today under the engine bay today, I'll take a closer look on the big screen when I get home), does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Exhaust restriction? It's not a huge deal as I'm fairly happy with how it is now, but I just want to know why.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
New question:

So the tuning process is going pretty well after the last hiccup, but something that I'm noticing is that I have the WG setup for 10psi, but the car only hits 7psi max. I've already checked for leaks, the WG is not opening prematurely (I took a video today under the engine bay today, I'll take a closer look on the big screen when I get home), does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Exhaust restriction? It's not a huge deal as I'm fairly happy with how it is now, but I just want to know why.
Could be a few things. Where are you taking the pressure reading from? Ktuner, external gauge?
There is likely some pressure drop from the turbo through the intercooler as well.
Elevation and ambient temp can affect boost pressure as well.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Grab a boost controller and crank it up if you want.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Could be a few things. Where are you taking the pressure reading from? Ktuner, external gauge?
There is likely some pressure drop from the turbo through the intercooler as well.
Elevation and ambient temp can affect boost pressure as well.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Grab a boost controller and crank it up of you want.

Pressure comes from the MAP through Ktuner. I did review the footage on the computer, the WG did move, so I guess it's a combination of everything plus me miss reading the spring or something.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Pressure comes from the MAP through Ktuner. I did review the footage on the computer, the WG did move, so I guess it's a combination of everything plus me miss reading the spring or something.
I had low boost issues when I installed my turbo. I made 8lbs but tapered to 6 at redline. Tuner put on a EBC to get it to 8 at the top end. After a couple hundred miles, boost crept up alot...ended up at 11PSI where I was making 8 before. I dropped the boost controller back down after this. The tuner said it's just the turbo breaking in (ball bearing turbo).
If you got a ball bearing turbo, I'd give it a few hundred miles and see where you end up.

Reactions: dpetro1 and Hudouc

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well, That was nice.
-A picture post because most of what I have to say are curse words

Destroyed the oil return line, sliced the coolant-in line, dented the filter a bit, left a nice mark on the steering rack. Turned the car off before the oil light came on. Of course this happens the day before a major road trip, and no parts were available to fix it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Gonna guess, hit something in the road. I'd be calling insurance. Whatever happened, sorry that sucks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
That second to the last picture is what I hit, what used to be someone's exhaust.

Will it be okay for me to run NA with the 1000cc injectors? The car should be able to compensate?

·
Registered
640 Posts
That second to the last picture is what I hit, what used to be someone's exhaust.

Will it be okay for me to run NA with the 1000cc injectors? The car should be able to compensate?
Eh, that's a good question. I would think if your intake was similar you'd be fine without turbo. I wouldn't redline, cause who knows how well the map is in high Rpms without boost (I'm sure you always had boost in high Rpms).
I'm not a expert, and would call your tuner if possible.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Fixed. AN fittings overnighted from Canada. Took a 1400 mile road trip while waiting for the parts. 6 days between the incident, torn the car down to NA, road trip, and putting the car all back together.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Is the the oil drain line? Where does that 90 connect to?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Is the the oil drain line? Where does that 90 connect to?

Yup, its the oil drain line. The 90 go to the drain plug hole. I used a sandwich plate which dropped the filter to right in front of the drain plug, so a 90 is needed before any lines can be attached to it.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yup, its the oil drain line. The 90 go to the drain plug hole. I used a sandwich plate which dropped the filter to right in front of the drain plug, so a 90 is needed before any lines can be attached to it.
Interesting. Any concerns that will impede the flow and hurt the turbo seals?
I've always heard 90s are a no no on the return line.
Any pictures from the back side of the motor with the turbo mounted?

21 - 40 of 83 Posts