9th Gen Civic Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I mean, yes, but I could've done that by just swapping out the spring in the WG actuator. The spitting sound that we think is compressor surge is still very much there once I get past 8psi.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Another update,
Today, I isolated the PCV just to make sure it wasn't that. Lo and behold, it wasn't. I also did a charge system leakdown test. The little compressor (for air brushing) I used couldn't feed the system past 7.4psi (it got there pretty quick, but couldn't get past it). That together with the fact that the sound occurs past 8psi makes me think it might be a pressure thing and there maybe a leak of sorts that's making that noise. Will buy a bigger compressor with an air tank tmr to test out my theory fully as I want to push the system past 8psi.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Well, this is where I say F*** it and leave the car be. I've looked and tested everything me and my tuner and this forum could think of, I've seeked the help of shops and other tuners(who didn't even want to deal with the car). The car will run 8psi and that's it.
The silver lining with all this run about is that with the new exhaust, the car holds 8PSI basically up until the fuel cutoff. Where before the boost drops from the peak 8-9psi to about 6psi by red line.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts