9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1360190228.109416.jpg

The one i have is rf-p1w762-sh compustar

I'm already having issues with it not working ( starter, unlock and lock)

This was when I was standing in front of the car.

I know it's only a one way. And I'm thinking about upgrading to a really good 2 way. Any suggestions?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
I suggest any other DEI Brand?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
A Viper / Clifford should be good. Can get a really nice 2 way online for under 200. I just had a Clifford installed in my Si and it works really well. I can lock/unlock from inside my apartment about 120ft away on the bottom floor with buildings in between. It pops the trunk and has a screen to let me know which area is being messed with. If I had the auto-start function it would also tell me the inside temp of the car and do other stuff.

If you get it online for 200ish and then pay someone to install it, you will be out about 400 total. If your like me and buy it where you are getting it installed then you will spend 500-600.

Just saw you said manual doh! Well the above still applies but you will have to find a shop willing to do it, I called 3 and they all said no way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As a Remote start installer i would have to say that my favorite brand to install would be a compustar. I have installed viper and compustar on many different brands of vehicles. The clutch bypass comes down to two different ways. wiring it up like an automatic except running a - starter wire to the clutch wire (in a 12 si its a neg wire) you just have to make sure you dont leave it in gear or else youll have a rolling car. The other much more complicated option is wiring in a clutch bypass relay which includes special starting procedures and junk. If its my vehicle i choose the first option, a customers... I wont install on haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts