9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The HID lights I can understand to see farther and clearer but why do people use yellow fogs?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
yellow lighting is believed to give you better visibility in fog but now its more of a trend in the jdm scene

·
Registered
246 Posts
Research shows the color seen most easily at any distance by the human eye is yellow, and it is why school buses and taxi cabs are yellow so that pedestrians can spot them quickly from even afar among other colored cars.

If you want to justify a point to having yellow fogs, you could say its for safety reasons so that onlookers see you.
Or you could just be going for the JDM style haha

·
Registered
512 Posts
Once you use them, you'll understand.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I will put Hids in and what's better to replace the fog light bulbs or get the tint? Is it hard to change the bulb I'm guessing I have to take the bumper off

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
512 Posts
No no. One Phillips screw holds the entire housing in. Can't get any easier. I prefer bulbs. Oh and if your OCD like me you'll prob paint the screws black to match haha

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
i was gonna order 3k hids for my fogs but im just get some yellow bulbs on CHH that they sell in the aftermarket section i believe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Massimo is right! I lived in europe for a while and most of the french cars had them. They are b etter in fog and cause less glare. I used them on both my cars when I lived in Savannah, we had heavy fog about you half of the time. And I also liked the way they looked.

·
Registered
717 Posts
i love the yellow fog light look, but i just decided to go with 6k headlights and fog lights

·
Registered
49 Posts
i was gonna order 3k hids for my fogs but im just get some yellow bulbs on CHH that they sell in the aftermarket section i believe.
go with the 3k fogs, they look sick. also your visibilty in rain/fog is more clear!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
The reason I went with the Nokya bulbs instead of the 3K HID for the fogs is that the halogens give off a better yellow, the HID yellow is too pale to me.

And as far as functionality, I have noticed that they seem to enhance visibility in fog, however I have them yellow for the most part simply because I like the look.

·
Registered
709 Posts
How does the yellow fogs look during day time? I replaced my DRLs with 5000K hyper white but they are not white during day time. Still yellowish. I'm thinking of installing 2500k or 3000k yellow. Just don't have an idea on how they would look during the day.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Yellow highs look good. I will take a pic Tom.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yellow 3k fogs look like a high lighter yellow, they look really dope to me. I had the PIAA Yellow bulbs and did not like them at all.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Are the clear fog lights too bright? my car's lights are completely stock and I have had cars flash me their "brights" indicating that my lights are too bright, this only happens when I have my fogs on. this is the reason im thinking on changing to yellows

·
Photoshop Masta
2,831 Posts
Are the clear fog lights too bright? my car's lights are completely stock and I have had cars flash me their "brights" indicating that my lights are too bright, this only happens when I have my fogs on. this is the reason im thinking on changing to yellows
You sure you're not driving with the high beams on?? I've never had a problem with stock headlight/fog output, I have 4.5K HID's and I still don't get flashed, I'm running Yellow Nokya bulbs in my fogs and my lenses are painted also, to give it a deeper yellow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts