9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Staying busy at work here, knowing i will never get to retire will eventually put me on anti depressants, Knowing Hondata will never make FP for my 2013 ex will eventually put me on anti depressants, other than that, I am doing fine.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,209 Posts
Getting ready to front brakes @ 17,000+ miles. Better than my 8th gen (7000 miles) but not great, considering I've never gotten less than 25k miles out of a set of pads on any car prior to these two Civics. And I've driven the same route to work for the last 20 years.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Getting ready to front brakes @ 17,000+ miles. Better than my 8th gen (7000 miles) but not great, considering I've never gotten less than 25k miles out of a set of pads on any car prior to these two Civics. And I've driven the same route to work for the last 20 years.
We should protest this shit, scotty, I was thinking no less than 25K myself, Cheap Bastards.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,209 Posts
We should protest this shit, scotty, I was thinking no less than 25K myself, Cheap Bastards.
That's a great idea, but in business, the only type of protest that works is one that causes sales to drop precipitously, and even then it doesn't always work. Some car companies have been making crap for years and still soldier on because people keep buying it.

With Hondas, there are so little in the way of faults that a little premature brake pad wear is 'acceptable' to me. It could be a lot worse.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I am tired, worked on my civic all day, Installed seat covers, Waxed and Buffed. I am to old for this shit, but i keep doing it anyway.

·
Registered
703 Posts
wow, I never looked into this before, but glad to know now that I wasn't the only one. My wife's prior 8th gen civic needed to pads at 14,000ish, the rotors were also slightly warped. I never really thought about why because I've rode with her, she keeps on the gas until the last possible second and hits the brakes. Sometimes I felt like riding with a noob driving a stick because my head kept jerking back and forth, but no that was just her, on the gas slam the brake on the gas slam the brake lol.

I know that contributed to it, but its also nice knowing that for whatever reason Honda kind of cheaped out on the brakes.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hm interesting, im approaching 20k and dont feel i need a swap of pads yet. i do a lot of engine brake support but i wonder if the same is true for the Si's...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts