9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

2015 Civic EX-L

So, I've developed a slow leak that has persisted over a few tire changes. Don't recall if I had any of the stems replaced, but there's a good chance I did. Looking at replacing the offending rim. Is it a better idea to replace 2 at a time? Trying to find the OEM wheels I have. Looks like this:

Are there variations of wheel width? or is the 7" going to be fine for the 215 tires i have?

Speaking of tires, gonna replace at least 2 of em. What is on right now is 215/45ZR17 91W XL the sticker on the door jamb says 215/45R17 87V. What is the diff, and does it ultimately matter. Not doing any street racing any time soon...

And stems? Any stem do, or are some better than others?

Thanks

·
I Need A Vacation
13,686 Posts
Rims don't have to be replaced in pairs just replace the damaged one with identical one. Tires ideally should be replaced all four or in pairs if your only replacing one tire that one tire should be shaved down to match the wear of the other tires. Any tire stems will do but there are short and long stems just pick the one that matches the wheels.

And the 215/45/R17 87V does matter 87V is the speed rating and load index. You never want to get a tire that is below the recommended speed and load index. The XL on your current tire is for extra load meaning it is a slightly heavier duty tire load wise which is fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rims don't have to be replaced in pairs just replace the damaged one with identical one. Tires ideally should be replaced all four or in pairs if your only replacing one tire that one tire should be shaved down to match the wear of the other tires. Any tire stems will do but there are short and long stems just pick the one that matches the wheels.

And the 215/45/R17 87V does matter 87V is the speed rating and load index. You never want to get a tire that is below the recommended speed and load index. The XL on your current tire is for extra load meaning it is a slightly heavier duty tire load wise which is fine.
Thanks brother.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,539 Posts
Did the tire replacer(s) spray the offending wheel/tire(s) down with soapy water? That usually gives up the source of a leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts