9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been looking around for it, been home depot, walmart, etc. All i found were some garden use water gun, but i want a real car wash water gun just like those car wash bay.

·
Registered
947 Posts
This thread should be............:moved:

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
:moved: lowes and home depot should have pressure washers.... you can get electric powered or gas powered

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
You don't need a real high pressure one ether... Simonize at Canadian tire has ones made for car washing and they seem to work good I've never owned one tho

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
Even pressure washers don't get the car clean ... they just spray off the heavier stuff..

I have a 2500 PSI gas one and never use it on the car ... waste of time.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have had one for years. You have to be careful with them. I watched a friend peel paint off his bumper because he put the nozzle too close to the car.

IMHO a hose works just as good and is a lot cheaper & quieter.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'll echo the comments about a pressure washer not being necessary for car washing. Unless you have an offroad vehicle that gets caked in mud, a pressure washer is of no real benefit in routine car washing. In fact, as SiGuy said, there is potential to cause damage if you use too many PSI or use the wand too close to the paint. A regular garden hose should be all that is needed for 99% of regular car washing tasks.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Ditto on the foam gun. Much cheaper than a pressure washer and will be way more beneficial. I used one until mine broke. Might be time to replace it now :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I want a foam gun that connects to a pressure washer :) hahahaha.. seen it on youtube before.. but I believe the kits run you around 150... :(

·
Registered
696 Posts
Ditto on the pressure washer, plus, it's just a hassle. The one exception being if you have low water pressure it's nice to have a little force. However, you can buy those wands that just really restrict flow and get a decent spray w/o a pressure washer. Foam gun, on the other hand? Thanks for putting that on my radar!

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
pressure washers you can find in home depo, walmart, lowes, sears, online, ebay, etc...but it is true that they can damage your car. I had one and didn't notice my ep3 had a slight crack on the window and it did worst to it.

that foam gun is a good alternative though. I might have to get it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts