9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Try using craigslist in your area or keep an eye out on ebay in the wheel & tire packages section because they have been popping up frequently.

I would use the tag: 2013 Civic EX Wheels - Factory or OEM or Stock in your search.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,351 Posts
Um, ya. They look like they belong on a VW Beetle of some sort.

Although, on second thought, if I had that car I'd leave it as is. I like it.

I'm sure there are people here (hey, there's one just above) that'll be buying aftermarket, looking to get rid of their stockers.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Those Hybrid & HF rims are kind of fugly but they design them with mostly flat sides for better aerodynamics which will improves the highway mpg.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think switching out rims will affect mpg that badly? More than 1 mpg? I'm looking for the wheels I linked a pic too...don't think those are the Si rims. Just the normal civic rims. Thanks!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,351 Posts
These don't look very flat. I can see air whirling about in the cutouts.

Do you think they are any more or less efficient than these?

If anything, I don't like directional wheels, so I actually prefer the top to the bottom.

On the subject of efficiency, the openings are smaller on the hybrid wheels, so maybe they're more efficient? I get less wind noise when my windows are all the way open, as opposed to partially open. Does this carry over to open spaces on wheels? Is the shape of the openings as they rotate a factor?

·
Registered
434 Posts
The cut out holes are just for brake cooling to prevent brake fade and to keep from warping the rotors.

With a more open design wheel with the brakes showing you might drop one or two mpg on the highway.

Just look at the Civic HF it gets 41mpg just from the addition of the wheels with LRR tires and a rear lip spoiler.

2013 Honda Civic HF Sedan - Official Site

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,351 Posts
And have to replace them every 50 miles. :)

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,351 Posts
You do know we were kidding about the 4 space-savers, right?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I would doubt you would find just the rims anyway being that they're only on the new 2013 EX model.

Most people would probably be selling them with the tires and with no TPMS installed if they were doing a wheel swap.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha I love the hybrid tail lights.

Honestly I don't know much about cars. So space saving tires are the ones on the hybrid at 6.5 inches whereas the EX rims are 7 in. So in order to get the EX look I have to get both rims and tires, but doing so would mean I lose the tpms? What does tpms even do?

I've looked at aftermarket rims but don't like the look. I love the EX rims the most...something about them is just so sexy.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
TPMS is tire pressure monitoring system, makes sure you don't get too low on tire pressure.

Tire width is less an issue than going from 15" diameter wheel to 16 or 17" wheels.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Space savers are the spare tire in the trunk.

Haha I love the hybrid tail lights.

Honestly I don't know much about cars. So space saving tires are the ones on the hybrid at 6.5 inches whereas the EX rims are 7 in. So in order to get the EX look I have to get both rims and tires, but doing so would mean I lose the tpms? What does tpms even do?

I've looked at aftermarket rims but don't like the look. I love the EX rims the most...something about them is just so sexy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So since hybrid wheels are 15" diameter and 6.5" width...to swap with 16" diameter 7" EX wheels, I have to switch both tires AND rims? I have never done a wheel swap before since this is my first new car ever. Sorry for the beginners questions. Any way to still keep the tmps? Thank you!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts