9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Where can I buy OEM 2013 wheels, swap with hybrid wheels?

20K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  s54Flexin 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Um, ya. They look like they belong on a VW Beetle of some sort.

Although, on second thought, if I had that car I'd leave it as is. I like it.

I'm sure there are people here (hey, there's one just above) that'll be buying aftermarket, looking to get rid of their stockers.

#6 · (Edited)
These don't look very flat. I can see air whirling about in the cutouts.

Do you think they are any more or less efficient than these?

If anything, I don't like directional wheels, so I actually prefer the top to the bottom.

On the subject of efficiency, the openings are smaller on the hybrid wheels, so maybe they're more efficient? I get less wind noise when my windows are all the way open, as opposed to partially open. Does this carry over to open spaces on wheels? Is the shape of the openings as they rotate a factor?

#10 ·
And have to replace them every 50 miles. :)

#12 ·
You do know we were kidding about the 4 space-savers, right?

#16 ·
Haha I love the hybrid tail lights.

Honestly I don't know much about cars. So space saving tires are the ones on the hybrid at 6.5 inches whereas the EX rims are 7 in. So in order to get the EX look I have to get both rims and tires, but doing so would mean I lose the tpms? What does tpms even do?

I've looked at aftermarket rims but don't like the look. I love the EX rims the most...something about them is just so sexy.

#17 ·
TPMS is tire pressure monitoring system, makes sure you don't get too low on tire pressure.

Tire width is less an issue than going from 15" diameter wheel to 16 or 17" wheels.

#20 ·
So since hybrid wheels are 15" diameter and 6.5" width...to swap with 16" diameter 7" EX wheels, I have to switch both tires AND rims? I have never done a wheel swap before since this is my first new car ever. Sorry for the beginners questions. Any way to still keep the tmps? Thank you!

#24 ·
Anyone weigh the 2013 wheels? I'm looking to upgrade to 17" but not sure if there's anything that can significantly less than factory. I know the contis weigh in at about 19lbs, not sure of the wheel itself. The si ones are about 23-24, so Im guessing these 16 are about 20-22ish?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.