9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i need to set up a switch for something and i want to make it look as clean and oem as possible, i noticed that the civic Si has 2 blank buttons set up beside the traction control button, is there a way to get a working button for this spot? if anyone knows i would greatly appreciate it, i have looked eveywhere on the net and cant find it!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine WAS the same way till I got my interior lighting put in. Now I have one blank spot. As for where to get one no idea. I have searched about every aftermarket site online. So the only thing I can think of is to go to the damn dealer. :sad:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the interior light kit came with a button? or do you mean you just used up one of the spots, i was hoping to find the exact button, damn i hate going to the dealer

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Wait. What? Your VSA button is in that panel of dead buttons? I had three spots until I put the OEM lighting lit in and now there is two spots. The VSA button is further on the dash like the ECON button in non-Si models.

Yes, the lighting kit has a nice OEM button. Lighting sucks but it integrates nicely with the interior.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Does anyone know what the specs are for that switch? It is only powering led's so it could be pretty wimpy.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
The harness for the lighting kit gets coupled with the VSA switch. In fact, if memory serves me, the main dash wiring harness plugged into the lighting kit harness and that split with one plug to VSA and one plug to lighting switch. Makes me think the switch has typical switch specs. As for the power allocated to the harness wires, I cannot recall the fuse spec.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
The harness for the lighting kit gets coupled with the VSA switch. In fact, if memory serves me, the main dash wiring harness plugged into the lighting kit harness and that split with one plug to VSA and one plug to lighting switch. Makes me think the switch has typical switch specs. As for the power allocated to the harness wires, I cannot recall the fuse spec.
Good, I think I will get the switch for future accesory of some sort. Thinking of installing super bright white LED's for backup lights and having a manual switch for them. I put overlays on my clear lenses on the rear and think I can do a clean install with the right LED.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
While we're on the subject, could anyone that already has the ambient switch take a picture of the backside where the harness/wire plugs into the switch.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good, I think I will get the switch for future accesory of some sort. Thinking of installing super bright white LED's for backup lights and having a manual switch for them. I put overlays on my clear lenses on the rear and think I can do a clean install with the right LED.
LOL this is something like what im looking to do, for all the tail-gaters i get during my long drives at night, or the ppl that high beam on the highway for no reason!

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
While we're on the subject, could anyone that already has the ambient switch take a picture of the backside where the harness/wire plugs into the switch.
I'll look what I can do on mine. I've had it apart before and it's not that bad. Some disassembly is required.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i guess i should have been a little more clear, so on the Si, there are 3 blanks, and on the ex-l there are 2, i guess this is because the ex-l has econ button, so the traction button is used by one of the blanks, leaving 2 left, and the si has no econ button so instead it has the traction button there, and then 3 blanks

buttons on ex-l.jpg buttons on si.jpg

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
^ I haven't forgotten about taking pictures of the harness and button stuff for the lighting kit so y'all can what you're looking at for your application. I've been busy with work and dealing with my other car the last two days.

·
Registered
204 Posts
so i need to set up a switch for something and i want to make it look as clean and oem as possible, i noticed that the civic Si has 2 blank buttons set up beside the traction control button, is there a way to get a working button for this spot? if anyone knows i would greatly appreciate it, i have looked eveywhere on the net and cant find it!
Ebay has OEM switches for those holes.

foglight switch.jpg

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ebay has OEM switches for those holes.

View attachment 10191
i tried that but i couldnt find any posts for it, that switch is exactly what i was talking about, i ended up going to the dealership it was 12$, but it is backorder so i wont get mine until mid september

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Here you go ADExternal. Switch has the same 5-pin connector as the VSA switch. The second picture shows the VSA plug in my hand and the auxilary connector for the VSA to plug into the new ambient light kit. The third pic shows the two connectors (although a terrible picture). The green one is VSA and blue ambient lighting kit. Also shows the circuit for the ambient kit is only 2A.

IMG_0347.jpg IMG_0349.jpg IMG_0351.jpg IMG_0352.jpg IMG_0354.jpg

Attachments

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Stupid piece of junk computer and internet website making me look like a damn fool.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts