9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty guys, finally got the a-ok from my wonderful wife to set some cash aside for some serious mods for the ol' SI. Looking at exhausts and from day 1 of owning the car ive been back and forth between skunk2 megapower rr or invidia n1. Well my brother in law just bought a 2012 si that happened to have an invidia n1 3in catback on it and im now swayed towards something thats not a huge blast cannon hanging off the back. From what im readin skunk2 and invidia n1 are super loud and super droney... Between VA state troopers and my eardrums i dont think either of those are options anymore.
Long story short, Id like opinions on sound quality and volume between the K tuned catback or full race catback. Also planning on doing the Makspeed stage 2 turbo kit down the line and i know makspeed sells the k tuned...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They seem to be pretty much same price so thats not a factor in my book. Thinking on compatibility with future mods (such as the makspeed stage 2 turbo kit) and like i said, noise level and quality.

·
Registered
411 Posts
If your concern is Skunk2/Invidia noise levels (and police attention) full race is pretty quiet for a 3".
Realistically, if you think Invidia is loud, you shouldn't be looking at any turbo kits that have external wastegates. The only way to keep a EWG quiet, is to oversize the turbo, so you have lots of lag. A properly sized E.W.G. turbo, you'd be louder than the N1 several times during a normal drive.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm in VA too, and lucky I don't get a lot of police attention. However, if I were to go with an exhaust, I'd probably pick full race. Pair it with their downpipe and a tune and you should get a decent gain!

·
Registered
139 Posts
If your concern is Skunk2/Invidia noise levels (and police attention) full race is pretty quiet for a 3".
Realistically, if you think Invidia is loud, you shouldn't be looking at any turbo kits that have external wastegates. The only way to keep a EWG quiet, is to oversize the turbo, so you have lots of lag. A properly sized E.W.G. turbo, you'd be louder than the N1 several times during a normal drive.
I <3 my big lazy turbo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts