9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my Invidia Q300 a week or two prior to installing this 3 inch K-Tuned catless downpipe, before the downpipe this didnt happen. I have what almost sounds like a whistle under acceleration. I just wanna be sure its normal for this car. I used all new hardware, Used copper gasket as instructed by K-Tuned to seal the header to the downpipe and downpipe to the exhaust. I also have a rattle I have to track down, think I may have bent the heat shield trying to get the stock downpipe out.

·
Photoshop Masta
2,934 Posts
I've heard of people having a whistle sound after a down-pipe install, if it were a gasket issue or a leak you'd feel it. I honestly don't think you should worry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard of people having a whistle sound after a down-pipe install, if it were a gasket issue or a leak you'd feel it. I honestly don't think you should worry.
Okay, Appreciate it. Ill keep a check on the pipe for leaks in the mean time, put about 30 miles on it so far so tracking down the rattle I think I should be able to see evidence of a leak by now.

·
Registered
741 Posts
check for leaks or cracks. But, this is something kinda common. I think cameron hill on youtube talked about this on his 9th gen.

Reactions: Beeshabo

·
Registered
211 Posts
From my understanding the whistle noise is common with a DP install, especially if catless. Could also be because of the difference in pipe size from DP to exhaust. As for the rattle, the q300 muffler is probably hitting the heat shield in the rear. Did you upgrade the exhaust mounts as well?

·
Photoshop Masta
2,934 Posts
From my understanding the whistle noise is common with a DP install, especially if catless. Could also be because of the difference in pipe size from DP to exhaust. As for the rattle, the q300 muffler is probably hitting the heat shield in the rear. Did you upgrade the exhaust mounts as well?
OP did say the rattle may be from a bent heat shield.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts