9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been on the forums forever and never made a build thread here but figured since things are finally getting serious I would make one for anyone who cares and as a sort of place to let people know what I actually think of the mods I've done, have, or will do.

Just gonna plug myself real quick, follow me on Instagram @dapper_si to see lots of cool pictures as all my mods happen :thumb:

Bought my car in May, got an Invidia N1 catback at about 800 miles along with "JDM" red badges.

Ran just a catback until October, then I decided to actually start modding and got an RV6 downpipe and ordered a Vit Tune.

Came across a super good RBC swap deal like 2 days later and ordered that, then began my Vit Tune.

I'm running my RBC swap up until the day I'm writing this (4/2/15) but a huge pile of boosted parts are sitting on my dorm floor.. lol.

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 4.38.41 PM.jpg 11104190_748684191897234_1631339204_n.jpg

Anyone who wonders about whether or not to RBC swap, I say definitely go for it if you plan to stay n/a or go turbo. If you plan on supercharger in the future decide whether or not you can take a $150-200ish hit on reselling the swap used. I bought mine used and am making back what I paid for it so it was a wash. And I got to experience the awesomeness of being RBC swapped. Better top end, awesome induction noise, vtec crack, etc.

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 11.56.08 PM.jpg <--- yay RBC swap looking good

Ended up trading the N1 axelback portion for a Q300 axelback, yes they are interchangeable. Super happy with the result. And so is everyone in my dorm who no longer wakes up when I start the car in the morning.

Anyways I was going to install my supercharger tomorrow (4/3/15) but I decided HEY I WANT MOTOR MOUNTS TOO so I'm putting it off for a few days to wait for my Hasport 70a mounts to come in the mail. Why add a ton of power if your just going to wheelhop everywhere and not be able to put it to the ground.

Oh and if anyone cares what oil I'll be using with the supercharger, Castrol Edge Extended Performance 5w30 with an oem Honda filter.

Probably install on Tuesday-Thursday of next week, the day the mount comes in is the day I install. Going to be sweet.

SUPERCHARGER NOW INSTALLED.

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 2.15.27 AM.jpg

And yes, I am getting retuned by Vit. Hes the only person touching tuning aspects of my car. Call me a typical fanboy of Vit or not, but he does REALLY GOOD work. Good enough that I came back to him for boost.

Update 5/10/15: Sold my RV6 downpipe! Big build coming in the next few weeks so I am replacing the catted 2.5 inch downpipe with a catless 3" Skunk2 downpipe. Need to make the exhaust breathe better, no point in having it as a bottleneck with boost. And if anyone knows me yes I usually am not a fan of Skunk2, BUT I have heard horror stories of the last batch of full race exhaust products (not talking them down, just a bad run perhaps) and I don't want to deal with fitment issues. Plus I got it with a great price.

Update 5/20/15: Came across a deal on a full race turbo kit I had to have... I made money going turbo! Install will happen in about two weeks when the kit comes in.

Mods currently on my car:
Full-Race EFR Turbo Kit : Borg Warner 7064 .83 A/R Turbo
Deatschwerks 1000cc Injectors
Skunk2 Fuel Rail
8th Gen Skunk2 Intake Manifold (First on Full Race Turbo'd 9th?)
Ultimate Racing 3" Catback (No resonator/midpipe muffler)
Hasport 70a Rear Motor Mount
Hondata 4 Bar Map Sensor
AEM Tru Boost Controller
AEM Wideband
Perrin Dual Gauge Pod
AEM Dry Flow Intake Filter
H&R Lowering Springs
SPC Rear Camber Arms
Deatschwerks 65c Fuel Pump
P2R Thermal Gaskets
Flashpro + VitTuned
Buddy Club 1/500 Shift Knob
Spoon Oil Cap & Reservoir Cap

Mods coming soon:
Who knows..? Had a spontaneous complete change in plans!

And after that?? Who knows. I love modding the car (if you couldn't tell) so I'm sure I will come up with something.

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Good thread want to see how your build comes along

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ill be looking forward for thr end product! Can't wait.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Just fyi...
My buddy sold you that kit. Nice kit btw.... The coolant passage way through the intake manifold has been cut which is a good thing, you'll need to either find a way to bypass the stock coolant passage coming from the head to the hose under the manifold. Here is my baller fitting I had k20z3allmotor thread to my head.

image1(4).jpg

Dont make the same mistake I did, get a intake manifold gasket like the hondata/p2r one and have it ready, otherwise you'll have to be pulling that blower off again to install it (not fun)..

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
I would recommend getting some coilovers

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just fyi...
My buddy sold you that kit. Nice kit btw.... The coolant passage way through the intake manifold has been cut which is a good thing, you'll need to either find a way to bypass the stock coolant passage coming from the head to the hose under the manifold. Here is my baller fitting I had k20z3allmotor thread to my head.

View attachment 299377

Dont make the same mistake I did, get a intake manifold gasket like the hondata/p2r one and have it ready, otherwise you'll have to be pulling that blower off again to install it (not fun)..
Wait you know Ivan? And can you explain the whole coolant thing more?

·
Registered
185 Posts
What made you change your mind? On YouTube you praised the Kraftwerks to no end. I would prefer the CT-E as well, pure numbers don't tell the whole story. But you should definitely consider some suspension/chassis upgrades.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What made you change your mind? On YouTube you praised the Kraftwerks to no end. I would prefer the CT-E as well, pure numbers don't tell the whole story. But you should definitely consider some suspension/chassis upgrades.
I initially said I wanted Kraftwerks. Ended up changing my mind to ct-e because I want a more robust powerband, not to mention the quality of the ct-e is superior to the Kraftwerks kit. Its also a much simpler install and after I add all my goodies I have no doubt it will match almost any KW 9th gen. Plus the whine is intoxicating.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I initially said I wanted Kraftwerks. Ended up changing my mind to ct-e because I want a more robust powerband, not to mention the quality of the ct-e is superior to the Kraftwerks kit. Its also a much simpler install and after I add all my goodies I have no doubt it will match almost any KW 9th gen. Plus the whine is intoxicating.
I agree 100%.

·
Registered
838 Posts
yeah text me

there is a passage way on the ct intake manifold but looking at your manifold its been cut already (which is a good thing), you dont want your coolant to warm up your manifold.

Looks like your bought Ivan's kit. I've seen his kit....

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah text me

there is a passage way on the ct intake manifold but looking at your manifold its been cut already (which is a good thing), you dont want your coolant to warm up your manifold.

Looks like your bought Ivan's kit. I've seen his kit....
inbox me your number, ill text you.

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yes I bought it from Ivan from A.V. lol

well i guess his wasnt cut yet but it was going to get cut by the same person.. why have hot coolant flow through the manifold that has air going into engine hehe the blower already pushed air hot enuff =/

IMG_0136.jpg IMG_0139.jpg

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've been on the forums forever and never made a build thread here but figured since things are finally getting serious I would make one for anyone who cares and as a sort of place to let people know what I actually think of the mods I've done, have, or will do.

Just gonna plug myself real quick, follow me on Instagram @dapper_si to see lots of cool pictures as all my mods happen :thumb:

Bought my car in May, got an Invidia N1 catback at about 800 miles along with "JDM" red badges.

Ran just a catback until October, then I decided to actually start modding and got an RV6 downpipe and ordered a Vit Tune.

Came across a super good RBC swap deal like 2 days later and ordered that, then began my Vit Tune.

I'm running my RBC swap up until the day I'm writing this (4/2/15) but a huge pile of boosted parts are sitting on my dorm floor.. lol.

View attachment 299345 View attachment 299353

Anyone who wonders about whether or not to RBC swap, I say definitely go for it if you plan to stay n/a or go turbo. If you plan on supercharger in the future decide whether or not you can take a $150-200ish hit on reselling the swap used. I bought mine used and am making back what I paid for it so it was a wash. And I got to experience the awesomeness of being RBC swapped. Better top end, awesome induction noise, vtec crack, etc.

View attachment 299337 <--- yay RBC swap looking good

Ended up trading the N1 axelback portion for a Q300 axelback, yes they are interchangeable. Super happy with the result. And so is everyone in my dorm who no longer wakes up when I start the car in the morning.

Anyways I was going to install my supercharger tomorrow (4/3/15) but I decided HEY I WANT MOTOR MOUNTS TOO so I'm putting it off for a few days to wait for my Hasport 70a mounts to come in the mail. Why add a ton of power if your just going to wheelhop everywhere and not be able to put it to the ground.

Oh and if anyone cares what oil I'll be using with the supercharger, Castrol Edge Extended Performance 5w30 with an oem Honda filter.

Probably install on Tuesday-Thursday of next week, the day the mount comes in is the day I install. Going to be sweet.

And yes, I am getting retuned by Vit. Hes the only person touching tuning aspects of my car. Call me a typical fanboy of Vit or not, but he does REALLY GOOD work. Good enough that I came back to him for boost.

Yay time for a planned mods section:

Come June/July will be the following:

Vit's Aftercooler + 2.95 pulley
Upgraded Fuel Pump
Exedy Stage 2 Clutch
Retune for these parts and more powaaahhh

After that will come better wheels and tires. Probably going to get whatever I can get for a steal along the lines of an RPF1 or similar wheel. Preferably 17 inch wheels so I can fit a fatter tire without rubbing. Goal is to get a 245 or 255 wide tire in those tiny fenders!

And after that?? Who knows. I love modding the car (if you couldn't tell) so I'm sure I will come up with something.
bbk front kit is essential...for the added boost

17x 8 or 8.5 RPF1 bubble faced for bbk kit clearance not flat faced

17x9 RPF1 are flat faced

1 - 20 of 74 Posts