9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who manufactures the stock stereo found in the 2012 Civic Si? I know if I pop the dash and pull the stereo out, it will say on the label. But I really don't want to take my dash apart just yet.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Dongguan Clarion Orient Electronics Co., Ltd.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I only have the P/N...
39171-TR0-A91

What are you trying to do?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again, thank you.

What am I up to? I just want to look things up about the unit and its interfaces. Maybe I can figure out some cool things to do with it. You never know. :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Great. Here's what I found so far:

I have experimented with the unit for several months. I know the unit has 5 channels of full range flat signals. Alpine Imprint unit's AntEQ verified the output. Don't know if they are balanced. At volume 40 (treble 0 bass 0) the output is 3.25V each across the + and - line. All processing, crossover, EQ, etc. are done at the OEM amplifier behind passenger's kick panel. I have an amp with the preamp level and the sound is comparable to some mid level aftermarket CD player.

Another thing is the unit can be directly swapped into EX sedan, which is also a Clarion unit but with internal amp. But then need to tap the outputs to aftermarket amplifier, or fabricate a harness to interface stock harness and the radio, which I have done to my EX sedan. I belive that it will not plug into the panel of the Alpine head unit (LX, HF, Hybrid, etc.). The unit does not have built-in anti-pop circuit (the output is not mute, so whenever there's a change in voltage a pop will be sent through the output line). I believe the mute ciruit is in the amplifier. So when using the unit with aftermarket amp one has to be sure that the amp won't turn on before the car is at ACC/ON position. The unit will send out 12V on the remote wire as soon as the key is turned, due to the bluetooth integration. Therefore it has no difference if I tap into ignition or use the remote wire.

Keep me informed on what you have found.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excellent info! I'm more interested in the USB interface, bluetooth interface and iMID. I'm very curious to see what I can get out of it.

·
Registered
717 Posts
To be clear the ex sedan stereo is internally amplified. Where as the Si stereo is externally amplified? I am interested in changing speakers and adding an amp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts