9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any insight as to why these keep popping up in NY?

For those who might not know, the CSX was an Acura rebadge of the 8th gen civic in Canada.

I know it's possible to register imported cars, but I really doubt normal commuters are going through any kind of extraneous process to register a civic with an A on the front.

·
Baned
8,538 Posts
Do they have New York plates or still have Canadian plates? Oddly enough, I've seen two here in Arizona over the years, but both still had Canadian plates. I'd imagine that it wouldn't be that difficult in registering a vehicle in New York if coming from Canada. It might be similar to moving to New York from another state and registering the vehicle with new plates.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
ACURA CSX was the JDM HONDA CIVIC. In Canada the CSX was loaded up with luxury features and tech similar to what Honda did with the ILX and Civic and sold at a more premium price point through Acura but unlike the ILX which is a bloated Civic the CSX was the JDM Civic so it was much more appealing in my mind. Base model CSX came with 2.0L I4 not the 1.8L found on 8thgen Civics and there was an MT only CSX Type-S which came with the K20 motor and had some resemblances to the JDM Type-R Civic which in my opinion was a sweet looking car. The CSX Type-S is pretty rare and was a car I wanted for the longest time. Overall I thought the CSX was a better looking car than the 8thgen Civic.

Fair number of snowbirds from Canada travel to Arizona so not surprised you see a few CSX down there. Fair number of Canadians move either temporarily or permanently to the States to work or live and New York being close to Canada not surprised a fair number of Canadians moving there.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do they have New York plates or still have Canadian plates? Oddly enough, I've seen two here in Arizona over the years, but both still had Canadian plates. I'd imagine that it wouldn't be that difficult in registering a vehicle in New York if coming from Canada. It might be similar to moving to New York from another state and registering the vehicle with new plates.
They're on NY plates. I know registering cars from foreign markets can be complicated and sometimes illegal. Is it easier to register a Canadian car given our geographic and trade relationships?

ACURA CSX was the JDM HONDA CIVIC. In Canada the CSX was loaded up with luxury features and tech similar to what Honda did with the ILX and Civic and sold at a more premium price point through Acura but unlike the ILX which is a bloated Civic the CSX was the JDM Civic so it was much more appealing in my mind. Base model CSX came with 2.0L I4 not the 1.8L found on 8thgen Civics and there was an MT only CSX Type-S which came with the K20 motor and had some resemblances to the JDM Type-R Civic which in my opinion was a sweet looking car. The CSX Type-S is pretty rare and was a car I wanted for the longest time. Overall I thought the CSX was a better looking car than the 8thgen Civic.

Fair number of snowbirds from Canada travel to Arizona so not surprised you see a few CSX down there. Fair number of Canadians move either temporarily or permanently to the States to work or live and New York being close to Canada not surprised a fair number of Canadians moving there.
Yeah, they're definitely interesting looking cars, especially the pre-facelift models. I'm not sure why Honda had to give North America the toned down head and taillights we got on our Civics, the JDM ones on the CSX are much nicer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts