9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title states. Why doesn't our Flash pro have many pre loaded maps like the 8th gen flashpro and kpro did. Such as options to have a stock map with a intake. or stock map with a downpipe. Or anything like that.

I knwo people who has the flashpro for the k20 have the option to upload a map for therer "injen intake" on a stock map

·
Registered
90 Posts
Like the title states. Why doesn't our Flash pro have many pre loaded maps like the 8th gen flashpro and kpro did. Such as options to have a stock map with a intake. or stock map with a downpipe. Or anything like that.

I knwo people who has the flashpro for the k20 have the option to upload a map for therer "injen intake" on a stock map
Although I agree with Tran I believe the reason is because its so new. The Flashpro came out 3+ years after the 8th Gen had been out. They released this one just shortly after a year. This allows us to get TUNED for almost any mods to the car without buying several thousand dollar tuning product. I think eventually they will have more options for pre loaded or "base" maps but its always a good idea to get a professional tune.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
I think they kinda rushed it vs the time well spent on k-pro and 8th gen civic flashpro.

·
Registered
34 Posts
They definitely rushed it out. Having to download beta software because the CD doesn't even have our cars on them? You could at least put the software that would work for our cars on the CD...

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts
They definitely rushed it out. Having to download beta software because the CD doesn't even have our cars on them? You could at least put the software that would work for our cars on the CD...
Rule #1 for ANY computer software. Don't ever use the CD. Lol. Just download and install the latest software from the publisher of whatever you're installing.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
They had 3 years R&D into the FlashPro for the 8th civic -- which means they had an 8th civic around for that long to do basemap development on. And guess what... we don't use those basemaps anyway, a good tune will be way better than a basemap.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I understand a real tune will be better and should be done but I don't think I want to get a time until I actually get my mods I want before a tune. So for now just on a base map.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Which website lists the basemaps?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts