9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

this is a great video showing just how dangerous aftermarket hid kit is in a stock reflector headlights with all the glare ! (i.e. 2012 civic stock headlights) not only you put others in danger, hid on a reflector headlights don't even work ! (lighting performance)...

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is a post by PatrickGSR94 @ Honda | Acura Research, Reviews, Performance Parts, Owners - Honda-Tech.com
Hopefully this will cut down on some of us have to repeat ourselves over and over and over about why plug-n-play (PnP) HID kits are such a poor lighting choice. I found this thread as a sticky over on the HID Planet forums by Haknslash, a site admin there who used to frequent H-T back in the day.

Originally Posted by haknslash

I was doing some searching and found some GREAT videos to show all those people who swear kits don't have glare or they are better than stock halogen. Here is the proof:

the first video is great because not only does he have one HID kit in one headlight and the other stock to show good differences but you can also tell just how much glare you get. Also notice that the halogen side is actually putting out MORE usable light on the GROUND, where it counts!

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just imagine this, your in this residential street today, it's cold, it's dark, it's raining, and this jeep with glare hid is driving towards you, you can't see shit, just when the jeep pass you, a kid with a bike is trying to cross the street... boom, you hit the kid on a bike because the glare force you to look away..

·
Registered
230 Posts
i think the way our headlights are made, the HID's doesn't show much glare as the other cars, & also if you correctly adjust your HID's it should be fine..

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I say if the car didnt come with hid projectors, use colored bulbs. Or take the time, and spend the money to have it professionally installed and aligned. Too many people do it incorrectly and its DANGEROUS!!! Im all for diy, but some things shouldnt be. You wouldnt align your car yourself would you??

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think the way our headlights are made, the HID's doesn't show much glare as the other cars, & also if you correctly adjust your HID's it should be fine..
reflectors create glare, hid is so powerful, it magnifies the glare, u can fully adjust the headlights but the glare is still gonna be there.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have come to literally despise ANY aftermarket HIDs on cars. The glare is ridiculous! Are some worse than others? Of course, but the fact is that HID bulbs in non-reflector housings are down right dangerous, to both the driver and oncoming traffic. I feel like giving the finger to everyone I see driving around with them.

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Am i the only one that finds the glare off projectors annoying...whenever theres a car behind me the change in color is super annoying and everytime they hit a little bump the lights kill me looking like highbeams...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
597 Posts
Can we not use "non-projector" but use "non-HID projector"? Some halogen projectors have squirrel finder that are equally bad if not worse than reflectors.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can we not use "non-projector" but use "non-HID projector"? Some halogen projectors have squirrel finder that are equally bad if not worse than reflectors.
if you want to retrofit, you need to buy the projectors at a reputable seller, don't just pick them up at ebay....

the more ideal is invest more money & buy the original honda headlights that's projectors, because the aiming angle & width are design for your sitting position

1 - 20 of 53 Posts