9th Gen Civic Forum banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I see the point of the Civic name argument (because it is pretty iconic), but I don't have any issue with a Civic Type R name for the new car. I think it's a good way of saying you get the Civic reliability and research while having access to the Honda racing teams ideas. In the same way, I thought it was fine to have an Integra named Type R too, which IMO, is the best front wheel car of all time, and the best ever in the $21k-$22k range. It was ahead of its time and it made all others in the market automatically compare it to the ITR, and after comparing, nothing in its class came close. I have seen ITRs beat cars twice its price, which is awesome to see. Hopefully the CTR will be serious, innovative, exhilarating, and just kick ass fun to drive anywhere. I have a feeling it will be.

Attachments

·
Registered
989 Posts
I see the point of the Civic name argument (because it is pretty iconic), but I don't have any issue with a Civic Type R name for the new car. I think it's a good way of saying you get the Civic reliability and research while having access to the Honda racing teams ideas. In the same way, I thought it was fine to have an Integra named Type R too, which IMO, is the best front wheel car of all time, and the best ever in the $21k-$22k range. It was ahead of its time and it made all others in the market automatically compare it to the ITR, and after comparing, nothing in its class came close. I have seen ITRs beat cars twice its price, which is awesome to see. Hopefully the CTR will be serious, innovative, exhilarating, and just kick ass fun to drive anywhere. I have a feeling it will be.
Still blows my mind the 90's Integras came with projector headlights and my 2015 civic si didn't.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Still blows my mind the 90's Integras came with projector headlights and my 2015 civic si didn't.
Hahahaha... yes!

·
Registered
702 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Hmmmm were those stock though or aftermarket??? Anyways yeah crazy our 9thgens didn't have projectors so pissed especially when Mazda 3 and Camry's from two Gen's ago had projectors.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
IIRC yellow ITR were offered for sale in the Canadian market not sure about the States. A girl I use to work with won a yellow ITR at the auto show lol lol.

Speaking of ITR's, this yellow interior Aussie version has to be the sickest stock Honda/Acura ever.

·
Registered
989 Posts
IIRC yellow ITR were offered for sale in the Canadian market not sure about the States. A girl I use to work with won a yellow ITR at the auto show lol lol.
That would be amazing to win that. DC2 Type R is one of my dream cars...

101 - 109 of 109 Posts