9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m new here. I have a 2014 Civic LX but I have one issue... I do NOT like the steel wheels with hubcaps. I saw the OEM stock aluminum 16” wheels for a 2014 Civic EX and according to eBay where I found them, they will fit. I’m sure they will but what size tires would be best if going on my LX? I currently have 195/65r15 on the stock 15” steel wheels and read for the wheels I want, the tire size is 205/55r16. Is this accurate and would they fit? I know I would have to get the sensors reprogrammed as well.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hello, I’m new here. I have a 2014 Civic LX but I have one issue... I do NOT like the steel wheels with hubcaps. I saw the OEM stock aluminum 16” wheels for a 2014 Civic EX and according to eBay where I found them, they will fit. I’m sure they will but what size tires would be best if going on my LX? I currently have 195/65r15 on the stock 15” steel wheels and read for the wheels I want, the tire size is 205/55r16. Is this accurate and would they fit? I know I would have to get the sensors reprogrammed as well.
Yes, wheels are interchangeable.

Your title asks about SI wheels but the body of thread is saying EX?
Either way it works but just make sure you know what you are buying.

2014 has an indirect tpms so you should be able to recalibrate the system yourself there are no sensors in the wheels.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, wheels are interchangeable.

Your title asks about SI wheels but the body of thread is saying EX?
Either way it works but just make sure you know what you are buying.

2014 has an indirect tpms so you should be able to recalibrate the system yourself there are no sensors in the wheels.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thank you for the reply. I was also looking at SI wheels when I wrote this but the ones I was originally wanting to get were the OEM 16” from the EX. Didn’t realize I made that typo.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
The tire/rim sizes above will be fine. Tire size calculator
When sizing wheel/tire combos it's important to get close to the OEM tire circumference. So as to not affect the speedo/odo readouts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts