9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.....
Had my heart set on the 2012 Beetle.......but due to lack of sales commitment from dealership, high price, lack of availability for what I wanted, and troublesome/expensive repair and maintenance info........I've doubled back to the Honda.....

I've had 3 other Hondas in my lifetime, and they were all great cars..... I'm a sports Mom and have been driving a big honking Suburban for the last 15 years.......So..... as I'm getting older, and so are the kids, its time for a sports car.....

So, I've picked the 2012 Civic Coupe, EX-L, loaded, black...... Its coming in early this coming week! Very excited.......

ONE thing I am regretting per the Beetle to the HOnda..... the Beetle had a premium Fender 10speaker sound system which was pretty darn sweet..... How is the sound in the Coupe??? Do i need to consider upgrade in the future? If so, will def be looking for advice!

Will post pics next week :)

Thanks!

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
congrats on your new ride and welcome to the site

·
Registered
716 Posts
Welcome back to Honda, personally I'm glad to see you chose the civic over the beetle but that's my .02 on the subject. I have the EX coupe and I can say the sound isn't fantastic. My last civic I had Alpine type S all around and I am really regretting not pulling them before I got rid of the car, I just didn't have the time. It's definitely no Fender system, but its ok for now. I'm waiting till they start producing some good headunits that can be mounted in the oversized space Honda used and then I will probably upgrade.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
new baby coming.......

Picking up the new baby on Wednesday (gonna rain on Tuesday)....2012 Civic Coupe, Black, loaded, leather.......Having the sealant put on the paint job, and leather....Have purchased a California duster already to keep the dust off....

Would like input on how often you wax your car.... suggestion on best wash/wax product(s) to keep that shine on.....

Thanks a bunch....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
new baby coming.......

Picking up the new baby on Wednesday (gonna rain on Tuesday)....2012 Civic Coupe, Black, loaded, leather (no Nav, I know where I'm going :).......Having the sealant put on the paint job, and leather....Have purchased a California duster already to keep the dust off....

Would like input on how often you wax your car.... suggestion on best wash/wax product(s) to keep that shine on.....

Thanks a bunch....

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Congrats on the new ride

·
Registered
761 Posts
Personally wouldn't use the duster, that will over time cause swirls in the paint, always best to have a lubricant between the rag and your car like a QD product like Griots Speed Shine or any over the counter product would do, especially with BLACK!! I had a NBP TL-S and know from experience. Be gentle on the black paint. Wax and seal about every 3-4 months, or sooner depending on the elements or if it's been washed a lot.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
using something like McQuires quickspray, perhaps with a microfiber mitt would be a better option?

thanks for the input....

·
Registered
761 Posts
using something like McQuires quickspray, perhaps with a microfiber mitt would be a better option?

thanks for the input....
Definitely!! That's a really good choice. I was very OCD with my black TL, I QD everyday after work, a lot of hard work and I grew tired of the up keep on a black car. BUT I never got so many compliments in my life as I did with that car, blacks a lot of work but you'll get a lot of compliments I'm sure!!! Makes it easier when you keep up on the clay,seal,wax routine too, QD is a snap when that's done every 4 months minimum. As long as the paint stays slick you won't have any problems!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
158 Posts
hey, i also have a black 12 civic. but be careful with that california duster, i have one as well and i now have swirl marks all over my car from that...be very careful, i would honestly not use that at all..

·
Registered
83 Posts
i 2nd that about the cali car duster. i have a 1974 plymouth duster that doesnt see rain, snow, salt. only sunshine! i use a cali car duster to clean it and it has swirl marks in the paint too.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
nice ride

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
one significant problem........my cat!!!! Need I say more?????

other than that....the protectant seal on the paint job makes it so easy to do the quick wipe down and keep it looking great....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts