9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I am new to the civic and mod. I am wondering if anyone knows a fk8 oem shifter assembly can completely fit into the Si, which I can make it look like a stock ome but with the type r shifter assembly. Also, if FK8 one doesn’t fit, will there be other oem shifter assembly like the FK2 or FD2 one fits? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
491 Posts
not really sure, but i’m thinking it will not be a bolt on mod. 2 different platforms. the knob itself should fit tho.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The fk8 shifter assembly is taller than the 9th gen shifter assembly. What exactly are you looking to do with an fk8 shifter assembly? Is it for the shorter throws? For that the only option we really have is a short shifter from either acuity or hybrid racing. Buddy club sells one too but it's not customizable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not really sure, but i’m thinking it will not be a bolt on mod. 2 different platforms. the knob itself should fit tho.
The fk8 shifter assembly is taller than the 9th gen shifter assembly. What exactly are you looking to do with an fk8 shifter assembly? Is it for the shorter throws? For that the only option we really have is a short shifter from either acuity or hybrid racing. Buddy club sells one too but it's not customizable.
Thanks for the reply guys. I don't really want an aftermarket shifter, but only those offers by Honda. I driven my friend's new FK8 and I really like how the shifter feels. Shorter and clear than mine, but also keeping that "Honda OEM feeling". That's why I am looking for a FK8 one to replace mine, or a new Si OEM shifter to replace mine just to make it better as it is new.

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
491 Posts
you can always do the shifter base bushings, shift linkage bushings, and a little weighted shift knob. these items are cheap and you can def feel a difference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys. I don't really want an aftermarket shifter, but only those offers by Honda. I driven my friend's new FK8 and I really like how the shifter feels. Shorter and clear than mine, but also keeping that "Honda OEM feeling". That's why I am looking for a FK8 one to replace mine, or a new Si OEM shifter to replace mine just to make it better as it is new.
Buy an Acuity shifter. It has the same "Honda OEM feeling"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts