9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm a newb, just quick question will i get problems if i put my stock cats and exhaust because right now i am currently tuned fbo sk2 dp,rbc manifold, n1 invidia 3" exhaust, ktuned 72mm tb, dyno tunes for this set up. I just wanna know if i will get problems if i stay with this tune but i am going to put back my stock cats and stock exhaust and i will stay with this tune just wanna know if i am going to mess up the car since im tuned with fbo set up. I appreciate all the replies and help boiz, I recently got pulled over again thank he didn't give me citations since I already got one a month ago for exhaust. Thanks guys i NEED HELP ☹...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I believe you'll probably run ok after swapping stock downpipe/exhaust back on. I can't imagine your engine let's go due to exhaust restrictions
Of course, tune after is best for MPG and power.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The exhaust won't matter. The downpipe will be your problem.

Not knowing how aggressive your fueling and timing is, it's impossible to say how poorly it will run. It WILL run poorly though (Running rich, misfires). I would not recommend it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe you'll probably run ok after swapping stock downpipe/exhaust back on. I can't imagine your engine let's go due to exhaust restrictions
Of course, tune after is best for MPG and power.
Thanks for your comment I appreciate it! Idk what to do tbh because i might go to state ref again cuz if i go to chp thats the only thing that they going to tell me to go state ref...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Not knowing how aggressive your fueling and timing is, it's impossible to say how poorly it will run. It WILL run poorly though (Running rich, misfires). I would not recommend it.
Ikr but my friends told me I should be fine, i did that back then i got state ref and i had to put my stock exhaust and cats back to pass it, it ran fine tbh i had the stock exhaust and cats on for like a month or longer I believe and i didn't get any problems with it the car ran fine, but i think i kinda ran rich like you said. So idk what to do bro any suggestions? Cuz i got pulled over again yesterday and he said get it fix or else next time he see me he'll give me citations. Thats why i wanna run the stock exhaust with cats for 5 months to avoid the heat.. any suggestions bro what should i do? Im really losing my head here like im scared my car will get fucked up... smh...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Also bro btw i have stock fueling, injectors, fuel pump fuel rail..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.