9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 civic Si
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems I have a hairline crack in my trans which is seeping fluid. I have an extra rsx trans laying around and curious if it'll bolt up. I understand the shift selector and cable bracket are different. I can figure that stuff out, just curious if it bolts to the k24z7 and of the mounting holes are the same. Thank you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Seems I have a hairline crack in my trans which is seeping fluid. I have an extra rsx trans laying around and curious if it'll bolt up. I understand the shift selector and cable bracket are different. I can figure that stuff out, just curious if it bolts to the k24z7 and of the mounting holes are the same. Thank you!
It will physically bolt up to the Z7 engine yes. I have an EG hatch with a Z7 swap running an RSX trans, so that I can confirm. Im not sure though if the trans mounting locations will he the same or not. Thats something you will want to verify. Also the rsx trans uses the older gear style speed sensor. I cant remember what speed sensor the 9th gen uses. Another concern is if the final drive gearing in the transmissions are the same or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts